Getting worried! Breasts look totally different at 6 weeks post op. Right nipple low and totally different great shape. (photos)

I am 6 weeks and 3 days post op. I had 350 cc smooth saline submuscular implants. My right looks completely different than the left and the nipple is quite a bit lower. Both breasts are very soft but the right actually seems to be worse lower with time. I feel like I should be worried.

Getting worried! Breasts look totally different at 6 weeks post op. Right nipple low and totally different great shape.

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Show us the before photos

To best assist you we need your before photos.  Most people have asymmetry and some sagging which after breast augmentation is not corrected and most of the time it is not correctable.  If you had the asymmetry before surgery, then your surgeon should have pointed it out to you and discussed your options.

Andre Aboolian, MD

6 weeks post op

Thanks for your question and photo.  I advise you not to worry about your final result at 6 weeks.  Wait a full 4-6 months before judging your final result and keep in mind that you may have had some asymmetry prior to your procedure.  Good luck.

Asymmetry post BA

Your breasts are slightly asymmetric. It is likely that this was the case prior to surgery, particularly with regard to nipple position. 6 weeks is early and you really need to give the breasts up to a year to settle. Certainly by 6 months you will have a very good idea of where you will "land." Give it time, and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. You may want to review preoperative photos as well.Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breasts

Thank you for your question and picture.  Without a pre-op picture, it is hard for me to determine what is going on and if your results are good.  Remember, both breast are always somehow slightly different and if this difference existed before surgery, it may be enhanced after the implants are in.  That said, to make your breasts more even may require more scars than it is worth to correct this modest asymmetry. Finally, at 6 weeks you are still healing and need to finish settling in to place.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Getting worried! Breasts look totally different at 6 weeks post op. Right nipple low and totally different great shape

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  Unfortunately without the benefit of a before photograph it is difficult to offer definite advice, but at six weeks your breast augmentation results will still undergo significant changes as the implant volume redistributes towards the lower portion of your breast to attain a more natural result.  Right now the swelling from surgery to your breast skin and muscle is causing the right implant to sit a bit high on your chest. This should resolve over the next several weeks.  I know it is difficult, but hang in there for a few more weeks before assessing your results.  Hope this helps. 

Asymmetry issues

It would be nice to look at preop photos but in general all patients have asymmetry and implants only magnify them.

Asymmetry

Even though it is early, even if it was later we might not be able to offer insight because we don't know how your breasts looked before the surgery. All the implants do is make YOUR breasts larger, so if one had a looser inferior pole before, it will have it after as well.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Uneven breasts at 6 weeks post op

Thank you for your question.It is important to consult with your surgeon with any questions or concerns you may have because they know your medical history and surgery best, as well as what you looked like preoperatively. It may be that your right breast dropped into its pocket quicker than the left or you may have had more droopiness in the right breast preoperatively. I would continue to massage the top of the left breast to help it drop, your doctor may even give you a foam wedge to help push the implant down. I would wait at least 3-6 months then reevaluate your results. If at that point you are still unhappy, you may need to discuss a revision or a breast lift to even out the breasts.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photo. At 6 weeks you are not seeing your final results yet. Asymmetries are common and it appears as though your right breast and nipple may have been a bit lower pre operatively. It may take a little more time for your implant to settle into the lower pole on that side. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and try to wait until 6 months before evaluating your results.
All the best