Can a tummy tuck help? (Photos)

Hello! I'm 20 years old and have lost around 60 pounds and kept it off for about half a year. I really dislike the distended stomach look and want the flat belly. How much will a tummy tuck help this and my overall body image? For the record: 5'11"/150/20 YO.

TT Candidate?

Congrats on your weight loss!

It appears as though you are a good #tummytuck candidate as well as a candidate for some #liposuction of your love handles.  An #abdominoplasty will tighten your skin and give you the flat stomach you desire.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine what procedures are right for you.

Tummy tuck?

You look rather slim though you still have some fat in the love handles which will need liposuction. If you have excess skin which is loose below your belly button a tummy tuck may well help but you really need to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon to get the best reccomendation.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

It's hard to tell how loose your skin is. The tighter you want it, the more likely a tummy tuck would be best. Tummy tucks in men are a bit different than in women. First of, rarely do men need abdominal wall tightening, which can usually be helped with core strengthening. Therefore it turns into a skin operation which makes it an easier recovery. the scar is the biggest issue that you will need to understand and discuss with your surgeon. God luck.

Tummy tuck and flank liposculpture

Looks like you are a good candidate for liposculpture of your flanks and possibly some skin removal. A mini tummy tuck might do it. It is difficult to tell what is best without a physical examination. It si very good you have knocked off 60 pounds, keep it up. Your rewards will be on many levels. Good luck.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction.....?

Hey Bradley76!
Congratulations on your weight loss!  Fortunately, it appears that your skin did very well.  
Tummy Tucks are primarily a Skin Tightening procedure.   If you don't have excess skin, you can't have a tummy tuck.   And, fortunately for you, you don't appear to have excess skin.  
Your side view picture shows a pretty flat abdomen.  If you're holding it in, then exercise or muscle tightening may be necessary.   
The fullness of your hip/love handle area would be best treated with liposuction.  Liposuction removes the fat from under your skin and makes you smaller.   You appear to be a great candidate for that.   You may even want to consider 6-pack etching. The results are awesome!
Definitely consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Good Luck 

Tummy tuck or lipo?

Congratulations on your weight loss. Based on your pictures, you seem to be a better candidate for liposuction. My preference is for Vaser liposuction which may give you some more skin tightening than traditional liposuction alone. This combines an ultrasound modality to liquefy the fat with traditional suctioning techniques used as well. 
An exam with a board certified plastic surgeon would be necessary to evaluate how loose your skin is before making a decision. Best of luck with the rest of your body contouring journey!

instagram: @mesbahimd

Alex N. Mesbahi, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Will a tummy tuck help?

Congratulations on your weight loss.   A tummy tuck is really best for removing extra skin and tightening the underlying musculature.  From your pictures, it is impossible to assess the quality of your underlying muscles and it is difficult to tell how much extra skin is present.  Of course, a visit with a qualified surgeon is your best bet to answer those questions.  From your profile picture, your abdomen seems fairly flat so I suspect your muscles are not in bad shape.  Extra core workouts can continue to help.   The extra skin does not appear very significant.  Remember, the procedure would be a trade-off:  less skin would be replaced with a scar.  Only you can decide how much the extra skin bothers you and if that trade-off would be "worth it".  From your pictures,  I think you would benefit more from treatment ( probably liposuction) to your flanks.  I personally think that is more noticeable from your pictures.    Good luck.   

Tummytuck needed?

Bradley
Congratulations on your weight loss, you should be proud! I recommend hitting the gym hard, with a personal trainer if possible. You may be able to avoid surgery by firming up your abdominal muscles. If this does not work then you can always go for surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Liposuction or abdominoplasty

I would consider liposuction, but really you need to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the options most relevant to you.  At 20 years old your skin is pretty elastic and unless you have a LOT of extra abdominal skin (not seen in photos) I'd stay away from abdominoplasty.  Abdominoplasties are GREAT, but they do leave visible scars.  Look at a lot of post-op photos online (ones that show the scar) or at a plastic surgeon's office before you jump into that surgery.  Liposuction can take down the prominent areas without leaving big scars.  Best of luck to you.  

Can a tummy tuck help?

Thank you for the question and the photos.    It is difficult to tell from your photos if a tummy tuck is necessary or liposution of the abdomen and flanks, I encourage you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best option.  Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon