Can the teeth below be whitenen? If so, how? (Photo)

I got braces put on my teeth at very young age. Dued to finical situations my oral health declined. I wanted to know how can fix this.

Doctor Answers 2

Let's Talk Teeth

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear badteeth4545,

Thank you for posting your question on RealSelf.  I will try to answer your question as best as I can with the information provided.

I recommend visiting your general dentist for a thorough examination and cleaning.  After the health of your teeth is assessed, I would address your concerns such as whitening with your dentist.  If you are interested in correcting the alignment of your teeth, I recommend scheduling a consultation with a local orthodontic specialist who will gather the necessary information to develop a treatment plan.  Another option that you might want to look into is visiting a cosmetic dentist to evaluate if veneers would be a better option to address the yellowing of your teeth.

I hope that this helps and good luck.


Dr. Jenn

Start Smiling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First step is to get a complete exam and cleaning. Much of the discoloration appears to be surface staining. Once the true color of your teach is determined, then we can show you how what your teeth can get with professional teeth whitening

Mark Sayeg, DDS
Atlanta Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.