Puffy, bruised under eyes a week after juvederm. Should I be worried? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 8
Juvederm to under eyes
There is the area to the right eye that I would watch. Give it another week, if that area does not go down I would follow up with your provider and have them take a look. If it is filler they can easily dissolve it with hyalaronidase.
Juvederm under eyes
In future, I would recommend using Belotero or Restylane silk in this area to decrease the risk of swelling. The bluish reflection, called the Tyndall effect, also seems to occur less with Belotero than Juvederm.
Juvederm Under Eyes
I would consider returning to your treating physician for Vitrase to have the product dissolved. It appears that you may have too much product or swelling that needs to be corrected. Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green
You might also like...
Under Eye Fillers -- Use Cannulas and Go Conservative; Reverse With Hyaluronidase If Swollen or Unhappy
Filler and bruising
Juvederm swelling and bruising
Puffy, bruised under eyes a week after juvederm. Should I be worried?
Juvederm - injected under eyes, still puffy, now blue
- I believe you need to see a specialist physician -
- A plastic, facial plastic or oculoplastic board certified surgeon.
- The Juvederm probably needs to be dissolved
- This is a very difficult area to inject well - and a hazardous area
- Juvederm is an excellent filler - but not the best one for this area.
- Arnica will not help - and you are not having an allergic reaction so Medrol may not be helpful.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.