What procedures in regards to Facial Feminization Surgery would I require to obtain a more overall feminine face? (Photos)

I think that forehead contouring, hairline adjustment, rhinoplasty, and lip augmentation would be a good start but I would like a professional opinion. This is a picture of me with makeup and one without.

Facial feminization

From what I can tell on the photos you look really good and very feminine already. All the procedures you mentioned would be great to move even further in that direction. I would consider chin contouring since your jaw angles are not prominent.

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

​Hairline lowering and rhinoplasty for facial feminization.

Hairline lowering and rhinoplasty for facial feminization. I think your hairline is really high and hairline lowering wouldn't change that to a degree that would help significantly. I think you need some hair grafting to fill in that area but you might be better off just wearing a wig as an option not to say that's the best option. I think that your upper lip length can be shortened and that can really feminize your face. I think that making your lips overall bigger with them and as your face as well. What stands out to me is your chin. I think some chin reduction could really feminize your face. A rhinoplasty could help and I would make your tip the size of the iris. You can read my theory on beauty to see why.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

FFS facial feminization surgery

Thank you for your question and photos. I think you are on the right track here. Hair and the hair line are very important advancing the hairline is important for a feminine look. Contouring the forehead is also key as it is feminizing whether you wear short or long hair. I think lip lifting and lip augmentation would look great for you as well. Your jaw is not very strong which is good and your cheeks are full. The nose can be refined slightly for a feminine but not overdone look. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Some thoughts on your facial feminization

Josie, 

From the photos it appears that your hairline is quite high.  Hairline advancement can move the hairline an inch or two, but not much more than that.  I agree that forehead and orbital contouring would be feminizing, but you would likely end up with a visible scar that could not be covered with hairline advancement.  This is not an issue if you plan to wear a hairpiece, but it is something that you need to be aware of.  There may be other options to cover your scars other than hairline advancement, like with hair grafts, but this is difficult to assess with just these photos.  I agree with lip augmentation.  Your nose is small and feminine, but it could be made thinner.  Also, if you decide not to have orbital contouring, adding to bridge of the nose can make the brow and orbits APPEAR relatively smaller without actually changing them.  Another procedure to consider is mandible contouring.  Your chin is taller than that of most women, and adjusting it would be feminizing.  A face to face consultation would help you make these decisions, especially decisions about the forehead.  Good luck on your journey!

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Facial Femininization for TG patient?

Based on my 35 years of TG surgery I agree with you about the Boney Orbital Contouring with hairline advancement, rhinoplasty and lip augmentation. A lip lift may be something to discuss.  You can go to my transgender website as well as others and look at patient experiences and before /after photos.  Make sure you see a very experienced facial feminization surgeon for these surgeries.  I need to see more photos as described on my website to give you specific answers to these questions.