How can I permanently get rid of these deep under eye creases? (Photos)

Hello, how can I get rid of these creases under my eyes? I can easily hide darkness with makeup but the creases still always show. The creases make me look older, tired and look awkward on my face. I have attached some photos, the creases are a lot longer and defined in person. Within the photos, you can barely see, I think taking the photos in sunlight would have been better. But the creases are horrible, so I was thinking maybe a quick procedure like skin pinch would work?

Doctor Answers 3

Tear trough filler

Thanks for your question and photos.  In younger patients, hyaluronic acid filler to the tear trough would be the way to go.  I use Restylane or Restylane Silk for this delicate area.  This is a more challenging area to place filler because of the proximity to the eye and orbital structures and the thinner eyelid skin,  so it is important to go to a physician who is comfortable doing tear trough fillers either an oculoplastic surgeon, board certified plastic/facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. A "skin pinch" or lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a procedure I use when there is excess loose skin around the lower eyelids which appears minimal in your photos but can better be evaluated face to face. Unfortunately surgical procedures are never without risks and rarely a "quick fix".   Seek out an expert in your area.  Good luck!

Jacksonville Ophthalmologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Dark circles under the eye

Thank you for your question candylala. Dark circles under the eye are common concerns. These become more prominent as one ages. Unfortunately there is no permanent solution because we are always aging. However fillers such as Restylane can restore lost volume under the eyes. For my patients I Start with one syringe, as this is a good conservative amount and more can be added. Most people enjoy their results in this area for about 6 months. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Filler- Restylane to tear trough

Fillers can help. In your case, expect an improvement of 30-40% with Restylane. I also like Volbella by Juvederm (not Voluma in this area). See a Board certified Plastics or Dermatologist as this area can be tricky. All the bestDr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologist

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.