Pain When Chewing On New Crown post Root Canal Treatment? (Photo)

I had a RCT done on my tooth #4 (upper right) a month ago. I had a porcelain crown made that was placed on the tooth 3 days ago, but it's badly done, yet the dentist pressured me to cement it on. LOTS of adjustment were made AFTER the perm cement, incl. using a single-sided filer to decrease the extremely tight contact with adjacent teeth. It hurts to chew food on this tooth. The bite is still off but she says there's no contact. I'm going out of the country for 5 months for work. What do I do?

Pain on crown

Hi:

My suggestion is to wait 7 days after cementation.  It the pain continues go back to your dentist for further check and adjustment.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist