Major Revision Surgery needed.

Im a 29 year old female who underwent many surgeries while living overseas. I had breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and thigh lift. The scars are horrible and I feel so ugly. Im looking for a doctor in the Washington, DC area who can help me feel better about myself. My tummy tuck scar is very thick and the line isnt straight at all, I need revision breast surgery because i have developed a "double bubble", I also need a monsplasty.

Revision Surgery

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment related to your surgery. There are many excellent plastic surgeons in the DC/Northern VA area. I suggest you consult with many of us and find your best fit. Best wishes.

Multiple procedures

I am sorry that you are having many issues. You can start out by going on the ASPS or ASAPS websites to find a surgeon near you.

Major Revision Surgery needed.

It is unfortunate that you experienced so many problems with your prior surgery. Some problems are easier to fix than others. There are many qualified plastic surgeons in the DC metro area and you should probably get a few opinions before proceeding with surgery.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon. You can find them through the American Society of Plastic Surgeons at

Janet Woodyard, MD

Redo surgery

Dear Yasmein,    Front and side view pictures of your abdomen and chest would have been helpful. Sorry for all your surgical problems.  Since you , unfortunately, had bad experience with your plastic surgeries abroad and your complications , from your description, are not simple, do your due diligence carefully this time and choose your surgeon wisely.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation surgery and redo tummy tuck surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with the breasts having nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking and the stomach, flat with low scar and nice belly button. Also, check the reviews on  'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                  Best of luck,                                                        Dr Widder

Revision concerns

I am so sorry to hear that you have been through all that you have.  Aesthetic surgery has typically very good outcomes, however, even in experienced and excellent hands, outcomes can still not be ideal.  Many factors can effect an outcome.  Revision surgery is often more difficult.  Any records regarding what was done during the previous surgeries is quite helpful in understanding why the results are different than expected.  Seek the opinion of an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, and do not hesitate to obtain 2-3 opinions on your options.

Major Revision Surgery needed.

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after previous plastic surgical procedures. I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with these types of revisionary operations. 

The good news, based on your description, is that significant improvement is likely assuming careful selection of plastic surgeon, careful communication of goals, and skillful execution of the revisionary operations. Best wishes.

I would suggest finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you can obtain any records from your previous surgeries, that would be helpful.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon