My boobs are saggy after breast feeding for 4 years. Is it best to get implants first, or a breast lift and then implants?

I just want to know the best operation to get. Which one is better?

Breast lift or implants first?

Thank you for the question. In my practice I do both procedures at the same time quite often. I think you need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what you would like your ideal results to be. Based on your health history as well as what type of results you are looking for, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be able to guide you in the right direction. Best of luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lift or lift and implants

It can be done either way or done together if you are not sure.  Best to review in perosn with a surgeon. 

Thank you for your question.  As others have noted a breast lift and breast augmentation can be done at the same time.

However traditionally plastic surgeons to the breast lift first and augmentation with implants at a second procedure.  If you are at all undecided this may be her best option.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, if you are considering a breast lift and implants, it is best to do the procedures at the same time. Make sure that you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

You have options

Thanks for your question.  It is difficult to make a recommendation without photos or an exam.  However  you could do this a number of ways.

Option 1:  Just lift - see how you like the shape and position.  If you decide for more projection, you could always get implants later (but would obviously be a second operation).  The biggest risk here is that you would want a second operation.

Option 2:  Just implants - this will depend on your exam and nipple position.  If they are too low or saggy, you will have very low positioned implants or might even have the nipples pointing down.  However if your ptosis is mild, you may be able to get away with this with a variety of implant positioning maneuvers.  The biggest risk here is that the breasts could still look droopy, requiring a second operation.

Option 3:  Lift and implant at the same time.  This can be done and the incisions will vary depending on the amount of lifting that is needed.  The biggest risk for this is that you may have some asymmetry and may desire revision in the future.

All of this can be clarified with a consultation and exam.  

Christopher C. Chang, MD
Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Depends

If you have ample breast tissue, then just a lift should be fine.  If you have ptosis with little breast tissue, then you can undergo both procedures simultaneously.   

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, for some patients, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a breast lift performed at the same time.  If your nipple sits below the inframammary fold, then without a lift in addition to the implant, this will not have a natural shape.  A breast lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BA/BL

Each patient is different. You may need a lift, an augment, or potentially both. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and make a personalized recommendation.

Breast lift with implants for Saggy breasts after breast feeding

Thank you for the question. For saggy and deflated breasts after breast feeding the best option is a combination of a breast lift with implants to restore fullness in the upper part of the breasts and elevate them. 

Ideally you should be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to be examined to determine which kind of breast lift you need and choose the right size implants. 

Good luck!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Implants and lift

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

If a lot of sagging is present, usually a lift with implants for upper fullness is the best option. If borderline or minimal sagging, then implants alone may suffice.