Bilateral Reduction with anchor incision, is it normal for my areola to look like this? (photo)

I have been doing what my doctor told me to do which is put wet and dry gauze on it twice a day but it seems like it is getting worse. What else can I do to help with healing and should I be concerned? I am excited weeks post op and had a bilateral reduction with an anchor incision.

Healing problems.

Thanks for your photo, I am sorry to see you are having a healing issue. You are having tissue loss of the nipple and areola. This is a rare but possible complication of breast reduction. Continue to be followed closely by your surgeon. The unhealthy tissue will have to be removed and a new nipple created. Again, this bears close follow up. Please call your PS and make a forward plan.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon