I bruise easily! Can I do anything about it? BA later this month.

I've always been an easy bruiser (or maybe I'm a klutz), though I've never found a medical reason. All labs have been normal. Is this just something I have to deal with, or can I try something to help? I'm having breast augmentation in a couple of weeks. Thank you :)

Can you prevent bruising

The vast majority of patients undergoing a breast augmentation have very little , if any, bruising.  Surgical technique is the biggest factor, unless you are on aspirin or a blood thinner.  Over the counter products like Arnica have no notable benefit.

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after #breast augmentation

It ir very uncommon to have significant bruisng after breast augmentation. Minor spots here and there are seen commonly that resolve in a few weeks. Bromaline and arnica can be found at health food stores and are often recommended to take before and shortly after surgery.

David Liland, MD

Bruising and breast augmentation

If your work-up has been negative, then likely the augmentation will go fine.  Most breast augmentation patients have minimal bruising.

Easy Bruising

Hi and thank you for your question! There generally isn't bruising with a standard augmentation but it is best to bring this up with your surgeon ahead of time should they recommended you to use any post surgical healing vitamins such as Arnica. Good luck on your procedure!

Bruising Easily

I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know about this concern and they can probably recommend things to you such as adding homeopathic arnica to your pre op prep and avoiding any herbal formulas or drugs which will delay clotting.

All the best

Breast Aug coming up, Bruise Easily

If you have truly been worked up for this issue, not just routine lab work, then I wouldn't worry.  There is usually very little bruising with Breast Augmentation.  
Be sure you don't take any Aspirin, Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), Naproxen (Aleve), Vitamin E or fish oil for at least 1 week prior to surgery.  

Bruising Easily

I would advise you to stay away from any medications that contain aspirin for 10 days prior to surgery. Also, some patients swear by Arnica, which is an over the counter supplement that you can take which is suppose to speed up the recovery time of bruising and swelling. Best of Luck.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Bruising

Hello. Your bruising  can be managed with a course of Arnica, bromel, and pineapple ingestion. Although evidence is mostly anecdotal but many physicians have seen good results with these agents.  

Good luck. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Thank you for your excellent question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  There are a number of options available to you to help prevent bruising, and others to help speed along a bruise's resolution if one occurs.  Below I have attached a link with information you may find useful in preparation for your breast augmentation. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Bruising?

Thank you for your question. Breast augmentation surgery usually does not result in any significant bruising. I require my patients to discontinue using all herbal supplements and NSAIDs at least one week prior to surgery. Arnica is helpful post-op.  Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck.