What should I expect when taking absorbica (accutane) with mild acne?

I suffer from mild, but persistent acne. I will occasionally get a cystic break out or two and always have regular acne around my chin/jaw area. So I am starting the medicine absorbica, which does pretty much the same thing as accutane. What I want to know is will my skin break out into tons of cystic acne and flare up a month into treatment? Since I don't have acne all over my face in the first place I hope this won't happen, but I am reading everywhere online that this will. Thanks!

Accutane and breakouts

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have breakouts when starting any acne treatment, especially Accutane. Usually the flare-up lasts a couple of weeks, but in some individuals, the flare-up can be very severe and occur for several months. On the other hand, there are some individuals that have mild or minimal breakouts when starting therapy. Please be patient with the treatment because acne tends to get worse before it gets better. I recommend you consult with your dermatologist regarding your concerns and to discuss any further questions you may have with therapy. Take care and good luck.