Exercise after lipo and breast augmentation?

Hi my name is Leidy and I got Lipo and Breast Augmentation. I used to do HIIT before my procedures and I want to know if I can start training again. The 27th is going to be 2 months since my surgery. Thanks

Timing to return to specific types of exercise will vary from one patient to another. Best to check with your plastic surgeon for specific advice. 

Generally, I suggest patients gradually ease back into the strenuous aerobic exercise 4 to 6 weeks postoperatively, assuming that they are doing well and there have been no complications. Lower body exercise can generally be resumed 2 weeks postoperatively. Use common sense, listen to your body, and gradually resume previous activity. In my practice, I ask patients to avoid contact and strenuous exercise involving the pectoralis major muscles ( such as push-ups, bench press, burpees, dancing on a pole…) for at least 3-6 months. Best wishes.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Exercise post lipo BA

Sounds like you should be fine to get started, as long as surgery recovery went well! Have you asked your surgeon? She/he is best source of info for that.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Returning to HIT after liposuction and breast augmentation.

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and liposuction recovery.

You almost certainly can return to HIT at this point but please contact your own plastic surgeon to get permission. Your surgeon may want to give you suggestions for how to return to HIT without hurting yourself after 2 months away.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Exercise after surgery

By 6-8 weeks, I often allow my patients to go back to full activities.   You need to touch base with your surgeon to find out what he prefers.

Hi-

Yes- after 8 weeks you should be released for all exercise as long as your not having any healing issues. You may find that the liposuctioned areas are more swollen after exercise and this is very normal and will resolve with time. Hope you love your new look! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after surgery

Hi Leif – t

The best thing to do is ask your surgeon. HIIT can be fairly stressful, but in my 23 years of experience, two months is a fairly long time to allow tissues to recover from surgery. 

One of the best measures is your own body. As you start to exercise, how do you feel? If you are into HIIT, you're probably well aware of your body's reactions to different physical stressors. You know the good ones from the bad ones. Ease into it and see how things go. It would be a mistake to jump right in with a full workout right off the bat. 

Hope this helps, 

Rob Sigal, M.D.

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon