I have written once before. It has been 5 weeks since my gyno surgery. I am very concerned regarding the results. Advice?(photo)

After having the surgery, my chest was completely flat. I immediately put ice to reduce swelling and wore a very snug compression shirt daily. I have noticed that my beasts have grown and become "fatty feeling" again and that they sort of sag when I am sitting down. They were not like this right after surgery but now that my body has adjusted, it's noticeable (at least to me) I can also grab fat & possibly gland as well. I'm concerned that there was a lot of tissue left. I don't know what to do

Chest and lipsuction

Some of what you may be feeling is swelling. But remember, not all fatty tissue can be removed. Certainly a high percentage can.

Gynecomastia post op

If your chest was flat post op it will be flat again. Tissue and fat does not regrow, and swelling especially if from liposuction increases and becomes very firm for a few weeks. Continue with compression and time. I assume that your surgeon is telling you the same thing.  Good luck.

Healing From Gynecomastia Surgery

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.