Are there any doctors in the DMV or Baltimore area(s) willing to provide follow-up care to a non-patient?

I have decided to have a tummy tuck and liposuction out of the area. I plan to stay in the same region as my plastic surgeon for quite some time after surgery but once I come home I would like to have a doctor nearby for checkup's and/ or (God forbid) just in case a complication arises. Would you be willing to see me? Is there any information you would need from the plastic surgeon operating on me to treat me? Thanks in advance,

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #tummytuck

Hi Missy227, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Surgery followup

Dear Missy,   Your decision to have your surgery outside of the Washington metropolitan area is a personal one and there is nothing wrong with it.  I would hope though,  that you did your due diligence carefully and selected an experience board certified plastic surgeon who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Additionally and most importantly , that you checked the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive. Also, that you checked the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.   A very important factor to consider is avoidance of  surgical complication. So , if you were my patient, I would not have recommended combining tummy tuck with liposuction. I understand that you want to cut down on recovery time and cost by having one surgery, however , your safety should precede any consideration. Let me tell you 2 facts: 1. In Florida it is illegal to do liposuction over 1000 cc (relatively very small amount)  when combined with tummy tuck , for a good reason - too many complications and even deaths occurred before the law was passed. 2. In a recent article in a plastic surgery journal , data based on information from insurance company that covers only cosmetic surgery patients, showed that combining tummy tuck with liposuction increased the severe complication rate X 10 !   Buyer beware...   You are welcome to contact my office and arrange for followup after surgery.                            Best of luck,                                                Dr Widder