How long should I expect to be swollen from Coolsculpting?

I just got coolsculpting done yesterday on my flanks and abs. I know that every person is different and will have different effects, but what is average? My stomach is significantly swollen and it's barely been 24 hours. It has even gotten worse from when I woke up this morning. I'm worried that it's going to continue to get worse.

Swelling After CoolSculpting

Thank you very much for your question. Some degree of swelling following CoolSculpting is to be expected and can last for one to two weeks. If you have any further concerns, or the swelling does not gradually improve, contact your CoolSculpting provider for more information or to arrange for a follow-up appointment. 

Thank you for your question. This can be normal after CoolSculpting and can take a few weeks to subside. Compression to the area can help. If you are feeling worse, you can always speak to your provider about tips to help you with your recovery. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling after Coolsculpting

Sorry to hear you're having discomfort after your treatment. Swelling from Coolsculpting can persist for a few days to a few weeks after the procedure; I have seen it most often with treatment of the lower abdomen. Some patients have relief with the use of compression garments (like Spanx or spandex workout pants) while others don't want any pressure on the affected area; you may want to try them and see how they feel for you.
The swelling should gradually subside but please follow up with your treating provider with any questions or concerns. 

Toral Patel, MD, MS
Chicago Dermatologist

Hi and sorry to hear about your issues. Swelling is quite common following this procedure and may take a few days or longer to subside. However, I would contact your coolsculpting practice to be sure. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Swelling following CoolSculpting

It is not uncommon to have mild swelling or bloating for a few days to weeks following a CoolSculpting treatment.  This is most common when the abdomen is treated.  Some patients find mild compression garments help encourage the swelling to resolve.  Typically, side effects from CoolSculpting resolve within two weeks.  However, it is always recommended to follow up with the provider who performed your procedure with any concerns.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after CoolSculpting

The treated areas may be swollen for a few days or even weeks. Some daily activities may feel uncomfortable due to the swelling. It may help having some compression like spanx or yoga pants.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Sometimes swelling, pain, and bruising is more with coolsculpting that many VASER hi definition body shaping.  This can takes a few days to weeks/months to resolve.  Ensure they do z wave treatments or RF treatments after the coolsculpting to prevent complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.