How much would it cost to get a Mommy Makeover. In the Washington, DC area? I am a small frame petite woman. (photos)

I am 5 1 and 118 lbs. I have two older children. As you can see my stomach is ugly. My boobs are sagging as well. How is the average price for mommy makeover. I am looking to have surgery asap in Washington, DC area.

The Approximate Costs of a Mommy Makeover

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website,, or Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Mommy makeover and the cost involved

Mommy makeovers are great procedures to contour the abdomen and breasts after childbirth.  They can involve a tummy tuck, body lift, liposuction, breast lift, and/or breast augmentation.  From your belly photos, it looks like you're an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck as part of your mommy makeover.  The cost of the surgery can be determined at your consultation since I don't know exactly what you want.  

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

How much would it cost to get a Mommy Makeover. In the Washington, DC area? I am a small frame petite woman.

Hi lady, I would like to see more pictures from you, for example back and your breast for tell you the cost for theses procedures. Am at your command lady.

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

It depends upon the EXACT surgeries planned. But a range from $10,000 to $25,000 can be expected. Seek only in person opinions... 

Tummy tuck would seem reasonable.  The cost will change if a breast lift is necessary or if you want breast implants or both.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Tummy Tuck

Based on the pictures posted there seems to be a major separation of the abdominal muscles.
Repair of severe diasthesis require abdominal wall and muscle reconstruction to achieve a good result. Evaluation for hernia is needed for full evaluation. This will take good operative time to get a good result. Therefore will need two separate surgeries. Tummy tuck, then later a breast surgery as appropriate.
Choosing an experience plastic surgeon and a fully accredited facility with a board certified plastic surgeon and board certified anesthesiologist is very important

Thanks for the question and pictures. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants (if utilized)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. You may find the attached link helpful as you learn more. Best wishes.