How soon can I have another cosmetic procedure?

I am an extremely healthy male with a hemo of 14.6 and will be undergoing the following procedures: Lipo, Ab Etching, Pec Implants, RhinoPlasty, and Buccal Fat Removal. Would it be safe to have the body procedures done first and then follow up with the rhino and buccal fat 5-7 days later as long as my hemo doesn't drop too low? I am going to two different doctors and they're not able to work together. Also the combined surgeries would take 12 hours and that's too long to be under.

Interval between two cosmetic procedures.

You ask a good safety related question.  If your blood count doesn't drop and you don't have a history of blood clots one week is probably the minimal interval between procedures.  I'd suggest you take an extra few days to be certain that you're mobilized and walking before anesthesia #2.  Since a rhinoplasty and BFP excision is about 2 1/2- 3 hours you must be undergoing a lot of lipo.  If so, give yourself a little extra recovery time and consider preoperative iron replacement despite your good Hb count.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Keep an eye on your blood count for the safest makeover.

Getting a full face- and body-makeover is a big step, and it’s essential that you put your safety first. I would recommend taking at least a couple of weeks off between your body procedures and your facial procedures, but you’re probably itching to get to your final results as quickly as possible. If you’re keeping a careful eye on your blood count and following all of your surgeons’ pre- and post-operative instructions, a week between procedures may be enough. Be sure to let your surgeons know if you experience any unexpected discomfort, and get clearance from your general physician.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Getting another cosmetic procedure

Thank you for the question!  The answer will depend on the outcome of your recovery process, which will need to be evaluated in-person after your procedure.  Most physicians would recommend waiting at least one month between two separate procedures to ensure full recovery. If, following an in-person examination, your plastic surgeon feels that one week is sufficient to recover after the body procedures, then you can proceed.  

Remember that an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your situation and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you for you to let your body heal and also to give your hemo time to rise up, 6 months from one procedure to have another.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question. 3 weeks all depends on the healing for the first procedures that will be performed and also on your surrgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How soon can I have another cosmetic procedure

Thank you for your question.  Ask your surgeon for his recommendations.  I suggest you wait at least 2 weeks before a second procedure.  Make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Body and face procedures - how far apart?

Thank you for asking about your body and facial cosmetic surgeon.

• If your surgeons agree that doing the second procedure within a week is safe, then go ahead.
  • If you were my patient, I'd suggest you wait 2 weeks, because I'd expect you to still be in some pain after a week.
  • You should be more or less back to normal and taking frequent, if short, walks before having the second.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Two staging surgery 1 week apart

Hello!

I think it would be best to talk to your surgeons about how they think this will work. I definitely think it's wiser to do the facial surgery second. I think the longer you wait, the better, but there is no data to support 1 week vs. 2 weeks, vs 1 month.

Michele A. Shermak, MD