Am I a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover with fat transfer to breasts? Please advise. Thank you! (photos)

Hello, I'm a 34 year old mother of one. I've always had a slightly protruding mid-section, which was manageable pre baby. Post pregnancy I have loose skin and stretch marks that won't resolve. I breast fed nearly two years, which deflated my full-B cup breasts. I'm interested in a Mommy Makeover with circumferential liposuction (create a waist), tummy tuck and fat transfer to breasts to restore original volume. Based on these pictures am I a good candidate for such a procedure? Thank you!

Perfect for mommy makeover with breast augmentation using fat

I think that you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with flank liposuction and injection of that fat into the breast.  Why do I say that?  You are a good weight and need only to enhance shape and remove loose skin.  Second, you have a nice shape to your breasts.  Filling them with fat will make them fuller and maintain that shape.  In patients with less ideal shape then an implant will sometimes offer better shape improvement.  Make sure that the surgeon you see does a lot of fat transfer.  It is a seemingly simple task, but the reality is that to get the best result each droplet much be placed individually.  That means time.  That means precision. That means dedication. That means patience.  Choose your surgeon very carefully as not all surgeons (even those with great reputations) can provide ideal fat graft results because they simply don't have the patience.

As a side note, also check that they can make a beautiful belly button.  That is the most important feature that makes your result beautiful and one that allows you to wear a bikini without anyone knowing you had surgery.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training Program,
McMaster University

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
McMaster University

Mommy makeover options

Great question.  I think the circumferential liposuction and tummy tuck will correct the little excess fat that is present as well as the abdominal wall laxity.  If you are looking to improve the upper pole volume of your breasts and perhaps get close to a cup size increase in breast size then fat transfer may be a good option.  Larger cups size increase desires are difficult to obtain with one fat transfer session and you may in fact not have that much excess fat to be transferred.

I  hope this helps.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy makeover options

I  hope this helps.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy makeover with fat transfer

Thanks for sharing your photos and you have worked hard on your figure after childbirth. A tummy tuck would definitely give you a flatter abdomen and would help shape your waist some indeed. You have little fat on your abdomen to perform liposuction, but it would help contour your midsection. You may require liposuction additional areas to have enough fat grafts for your breasts. This would, however, give you more firm breasts similar to their prepregnancy appearance. Be sure you speak to your plastic surgeon about the risks and potential complications associated with fat grafting to the breasts, but if done well this could give you a lovely result. Best of luck to you and hope this helps.

Mommy makeover with fat transfer

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and photos. Depending on your physical exam, you may be a good candidate for a mini Tummy Tuck which could allow your Plastic Surgeon to tighten separated abdominal muscles below the umbilicus and flatten the lower portion of the abdomen. Liposuction to the abdomen and flanks may also be useful to you. I recommend that you speak with aboard certified Plastic Surgeon in person regarding these procedures and breast augmentation.

All the best

Mommy Makeover

All the best

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants/ Tummy Tuck /Liposuction/ Revision Surgery

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create and athletic looking physique.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to your buttocks and breasts.  The Vaser Hi Def will give you a more defined and contoured hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The fat grafting will help restore volume to your breasts.  You may also be a candidate for breast augmentation.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Dr. Schwartz
#RealSelf100Surgeon

#mommymakeover

From your photos I am not sure you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. I do not think there is sufficient excess skin to warrant a scar across your lower abdomen and I do not think there is sufficient fat to make a difference for your breasts. In the photo the protruding belly looks like it is mostly lax muscle. If the rectus muscles are not significantly separated on a physical examination your best would be a fitness trainer to tone the muscles and a plastic surgeon to place implants and correct your breast asymmetry.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

#mommymakeover

Aaron Stone, MD

Mommy Makeover Candidate

I think you could be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. Having kids is an amazing experience and arguably the most wonderful thing that will ever happen to you. That being said, weight gain followed by weight loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, and child birth (either vaginally or by caesarian section) can cause irreversible changes to your breasts, tummy, not to mention other areas. All of these changes are natural reminders of your amazing journey and many are not bothered by them. For those that are, we can often provide help. Our office offers comprehensive mommy makeover consultations that address issues you may have with your breasts and tummy, but also anything else that may be bothering you. By offering a full spectrum of services (breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction, tummy tuck, facial aesthetic procedures, labiaplasty, and laser vaginal rejuvenation) we are able to customize a plan for each patient that ensures their highest possible level of happiness. Good luck with your journey!

Mommy Makeover Candidate

Mommy Makeover

The pictures are not sufficient to assess the abdomen and decide if the protrusion of the abdomen is due to fat or laxity of the muscles and fat inside the abdomen. A good examination and discussion with you is very important.
As for fat transfer to the breast, you need to understand the pros and cons of fat transfer to the breast before you decide to do that.
Fat transfer to the breast can cause fat necrosis, calcifications, cysts, which may interfere with mammogram. All this should be discussed and other options and the differences, complications, risks should be discussed in person. 

Mommy Makeover

Mommy Makeover Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for the Mommy Makeover procedure. The stretch marks indicate the skin will not tighten up again and is best treated by a Tummy Tuck. I always include Liposuction at the waist to give you back the curves you had prior to the pregnancy. Breast implants would restore the volume to the upper part of the breasts and overall give you back a figure you can enjoy for years to come. Best Wishes.

Mommy Makeover Candidate?

Am I good candidate for this?

Thank you for your question and photos. I think you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover procedure that can significantly improve the appearance of your tummy, waist, and breasts. There are many options and techniques to accomplish this and in your case will likely require a combination of breast augmentation, liposuction, and abdominal contouring. Unfortunately on-line evaluation is limited and which specific technique (e.g. breast augmentation with implants vs fat) is best determined during the course of a consultation and a physical exam. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Bryan Correa, MD

Am I good candidate for this?

Bryan Correa, MD