I am 5'4", 120lbs, implant surgery (smooth round moderate plus 350cc saline) on 7/6. 5 weeks- does everything look OK? (Photo)

I started with some asymmetry- my PS said it was nothing to worry about. My R nipple is lower and tighter than the L. I am hoping for reassurance that the nipple will raise and the lower pole will fill out-as you can see from my side picture it looks a bit droopy. Ideally I would like that both nipples settle to a more centered even position. I know I am still early in recovery and need to be patient! Is there anything you can see that I should raise to my PS. I see him in 2 weeks.? !Many thanks

I am 5'4", 120lbs, implant surgery (smooth round moderate plus 350cc saline) on 7/6. 5 weeks- does everything look OK?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Progress post BA

Hello!You are looking fine since augmentation. The mismatch you have is not significant. If you are concerned about the nipple position after the implants more fully settle - I would recommend you allow for at least 6 months - then you may address taking the procedure further in improving tautness and nipple position with a lift procedure. This would add a scar around the nipple areola and might possibly extend vertically downward, like a lollipop.Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast augmentation

Any asymmetry you had preop gets magnified post-op. Overall your result looks reasonable at this time frame. Good luck.

You are early in your healing phase and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle. You may find one breast settles quicker than the other. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon