I'm 29 yrs old and have cellulite on my thighs and butt. Are there any cures for minimizing the appearance of cellulite?

I've tried diet and exercise. Although I look fit, my cellulite prevents me from leading the life I want to. If diet and exercise doesn't work, then what will? I even thought about doing a Brazilian Butt Lift thinking that would be a work-around for my cellulite but apparently, it would just make my cellulite look worse. Are there any (non-evasive or evasive) options?

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things: 1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence. The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck! Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Treatment for Cellulite

Diet and exercise alone cannot get rid of cellulite.  We have found the new Thermage total tip to be a safe, painless, and effective method of improving cellulite, especially in younger patients.  The procedure takes roughly two hours and the results can last up to two years.  Please find a board certified dermatologist with experience with the new total tip THERMAGE CPT technology for the rest results.

Velashape Treatments

Cellulite is a deposit of fat within connective tissue that pushes against the skin giving it a bumpy appearance. Unfortunately, there is no “cure” for cellulite but there are treatments that can improve cellulite. In my office I like to treat cellulite with Velashape. Velashape uses 4 modalities: Bi-Polar Radiofrequency, Infrared Light Energy, plus Vacuum and Mechanical Massage. The Vacuum with specially designed rollers for the Mechanical Massage smooth out the skin and the combination of Bi-Polar Radiofrequency and Infrared Light energy causes precise heating to ensure a safe, effective, fast treatment that increases metabolism of stored energy, increases lymphatic drainage and reduces the size of the actual fat cells and fat chambers. Velashape gives best result in a series of 6 treatments done once a week. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this treatment is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

COMBINING SUBCISION AND VOLUMIZERS WORKS WELL FOR CELLULITE DIMPLING

Cellulite is a very common condition for which there is currently no one definitive treatment. Unfortunately, diet and exercise, as you have already learned, nor any topical creams and lotions, do not impact upon cellulite. Furthermore, to date, despite all the marketing hype and testimonials,  I have been singularly unimpressed with the results of lasers (and other energy-based devices) in the treatment of cellulite. The very fact that a new laser comes to market seemingly every day claiming to be the latest and greatest is cause enough for healthy skepticism

When there are fifteen or twenty or so deep cellulite depressions on each buttock and thigh (as is likely in this case), I have obtained gratifying results using a combination of subcision followed by filling with a volumizing filler, such as Radiesse combined with Perlane L.

Under local anesthesia, a sterile needle is inserted and moved around to break up the bands of fibrous tissue that play a part in binding the skin downward in the typical cottage cheese appearance. The depressed area can then "float" to the surface. Often, as part of a neocollagenesis (new, native collagen synthesis), these bands will subsequently be replaced by new, more normal collagen bundles to further serve as a buttress to the overlying skin. Finally, after two or more such treatment sessions, a small amount of volumizer, such as Radiesse, can be subsequently injected to further elevate and smooth the overlying skin and promote additional natural collagen production. .

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Cellulaze to minimize cellulite

Thank you for your question. The best treatment for cellulite is Cellulaze; it is minimally invasive and will get rid of the lumpy dimpling skin you are experiencing. Consult with a surgeon to find out if you are a good candidate for Cellulaze. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite is difficult to treat

There is promising technology coming, but right now there is no permanent non-invasive cure to cellulite.  Be careful not to rush into anything that could cause complications.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite treatments

• Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon