Tooth gap advice?

Hi, as a child I had a brace and as part of this process a tooth was removed due to having an additional tooth, this was pulled into place and braces fired (age 14) I'm now 28 and the tooth is wobbly (next to front tooth). I was told that when this falls out I will need an implant. Are there options so I won't be toothless for up to 6 months, is there anything that can be done? I have a public role and would be very self conscious about having a gap for that length of time? Thanks

Gap?

It is really difficult to answer your question without more information. Could you please post pictures?