After coolsculpting developed pah what is the best way to remedy this

PAH is rare but treatable with Liposuction

I'm sorry to hear that you have developed PAH, or paradoxical adipose hyperplasia. This is an uncommon adverse event after CoolSculpting and appears to occur in one out of 4000-5000 people. I would follow-up with the provider who treated you with CoolSculpting and review your current photos along with the pre-treatment photos. Once a diagnosis of PAH is confirmed, then Zeltiq can help to provide assistance for you to find and have liposuction to treat the area of hyperplasia. Good luck!

Warren Oculoplastic Surgeon

PAH

PAH or Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia is not a common outcome after coolsculpting. However, if this has occurred, I would  recommended that you see a board certified plastic surgeon that will evaluate the area and see if liposuction is necessary.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

PAH

Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH) is a rare occurrence after cool sculpting.  Unfortunately, at this point I think the only remedy is probably localized Liposuction.  You should coordinate with the practice that performed your cool sculpting treatment and let them recommend someone to evaluate you for actual liposuction.  The cost of this can normally be paid for by Zeltiq, the maker of the cool sculpting equipment.  These  company is also eager to know when these events occur so be sure and follow up on this.  I am sorry that you experienced this unusual occurrence.  Good luck.  Adrienne Stewart M.D. FAAD

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

After Coolsculpting

If you haven't already done so, definitely follow up with the office that treated you.  Not only is it important for them to know in general but they can work with you, along with Zeltiq, to get the area corrected.  As of yet, liposuction is really the only way to get rid of paradoxical adipose hyperplasia. Best of luck

Grant Stevens, MD

Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia after Coolsculpting

Hi jg1113,
We published a paper on this rare phenomenon. It can only be corrected with liposuction. It's best to first speak with your treating doctor about this complication. Best of luck.

Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD, MS
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

PAH after Cool Sculpting

Please seek a BC Plastic Surgeon to evaluate this. If you want Zeltiq to help make sure you have your before photos, treatment notes and settings. Although not a common side effect it is a known risk of Cool Sculpting. Best of Luck. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Possible PAH

PAH is usually seen after 5-6 months after a CoolSculpting treatment. The only way to correct PAH is to have liposuction. If the office is a board certified plastic surgeon, then have a consultation for liposuction and also call Zeltiq to report the case.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and paradoxical adipose hyperplasia

Liposuction is the only way to fix paradoxical adipose hyperplasia. To minimize the risks associated with Coolsculpting ensure that the treatments being performed at a Certified Coolsculpting Practice under a direct supervision of a Board Certified Surgeon with expertise in both liposuction and Coolsculpting. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question. Liposuction is the only way to treat paradoxical adipose hyperplasia. Please speak with your provider and they will help connect you to Zeltiq. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia

Liposuction is the only way to fix paradoxical adipose hyperplasia.  Check with your provider and Zeltiq to see if they can help you with this.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD