I've been stressing about this for 2 months. Size implants for the natural look for my 5ft 7, 228 pounds frame. (Photo)

I am 5ft 7, 228 pounds, currently a size 32b/c.. I am dress size 8/10 and athletic.. I went to my surgeon asking the usual not wanting to go too big just to fill my breasts out naturally. To a full C small D. I was recommended round 315/350 or 380 partially under muscle.. However due to my exercise regime I have chosen over muscle and I straight away chose 315 as don't want to go too large for my frame. Do you think 275 Would just be too small for my frame..? I've been stressing about this

Correct implant sizing

Thank you for your question. Getting the appropriate implant size is tricky especially with your active life style and desire to be proportionate.

The upper part of your breast is thin and having an implant under the muscle is certainly desirable as you may find that the breast tissue is stretched and thinned out in time with visible rippling; this totally undesirable and avoidable with sub-muscle placement. The size of 300+ implant is appropriate as you do not want to be too small for your frame.

I hope this helps in you making a decision about surgery and the ultimate transformation.

Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon

Talk to your surgeon or seek a second opinion.

If you’re concerned about your plastic surgeon’s recommendation, you may want to seek a second opinion from another surgeon or ask about sizers or simulation software to see how different implants may look. You can also make rice sizers to try at home. As you plan your breast augmentation, it’s important to remember that plastic surgeons undergo years of training in both the technical and aesthetic aspects of breast augmentation. This is your first breast augmentation but it’s not the first for your surgeon who likely based his or her recommendation on your natural breast anatomy, your overall figure and your goals.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Non operative recommendation

I think you meant for your weight to be listed as 128 for your fit frame.  If that is the case your breasts look very good for the photo that you posted.  I would advised you to consider not having any implant at all.  Despite the results for some people there are many problems that come with implants and most people expect to have another surgery within ten years with the best of results.

Leonard Prutsok, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link

Implant size

There are no right or wrong answers, I think any of the sizes would give you a nice result, it is mostly personal preference. The 315 and 350 cc implant will give you more fullness and projection than the 275. Have your plastic surgeon give you some sizers to choose from on your next visit.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You can always do a baggy test to see how the two different sizes roughly compare.  Best of luck with you decision to move forward.

Address asymmetry before implants

You need to address asymmetry of your breasts before enlarging them. Your right breast needs some lift. If you want fullness of upper breast only, and that is very reasonable, 275 cc will be just fine. For extra size you can go upto 325 cc.
Anything beyond that will be counterproductive in ling term.
275 cc will be the best, most natural and least stressful to your own breasts as long as size is not yours only objective.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

I've been stressing about this for 2 months. Size implants for the natural look for my 5ft 7, 228 pounds frame.

Chasing a size is a very personal decision. I agree with above with you understanding the higher cc rates. I might offer a 325 to 350 cc moderate + implant based uno the over the internet posted photos without in person examinations!