4 weeks post op Brachioplasty; swelling or sagging? (photos)

I am 4 weeks post op brachioplasty and my arms seem bigger then they were after surgery? They ARE smaller then before, (my ps removed 4lbs total) but I feel like they are sagging back down again and am afraid they are going to stretch back to where they were? There was bo liposuction performed and I was unwrapped from compression 2 weeks out with the suggestion of icing and elevating at times. I decided last week to start wrapping woth ace bandages, but that was causing my hands to go numb?

Recovering after Brachioplasty in Melbourne, Florida

You are still quite early in the healing process after your brachioplasty. I have found that Melbourne, Florida, brachioplasty patients really appreciate complete communication in this area. Keep in mind that even though your surgeon removed quite a bit of tissue, the remaining tissue is of the same quality as before surgery as it is impossible for any surgeon to change your pre-existing skin and soft tissue quality. Therefore, it is fully expected that your arms will not stay as tight as your surgeon made them. They will relax with time, which is completely expected. Ultimately, I suggest you follow closely with your board-certified plastic surgeon during your recovery period. I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

Hello, looking better. I would expect you to still have swelling at this time. It can take a few months for ALL of the swelling to resolve. I would not wrap acewraps so tight that your hand go numb. I would also talk to your PS about their recommendations about compression. Good Luck. 

Swelling or sagging?

One would certainly expect swelling at 4 weeks. It can take up to 3 months for all of it to resolve. Seems like things look pretty good in the photos. Follow up with your surgeon.

Brachioplasty

You are very early in the healing and settling process which usually takes several months. In any body contouring procedures, stages may be required for optimal results.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended during this time.