Is this area infected? Should I be worried? (Photo)

I had a revision to my mastopexy about 5 weeks ago disolvable stitches the procedure was minor and I wasn't even put to sleep . It was just removal of extra skin left . Now a bump formed and seems to have opened . This scab looking area appeared yesterday . The nurse saw the picture last week before it erupted and said it was ok that it was a stitch and it would dissolve . I had been in pain before it did this? Should I be worried for infection? Is this a big deal?

This is the kind of thing that needs to be assessed in person by your surgeon. Schedule an appointment to see him or her as soon as you can. Always best to err on the side of caution. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Possible Suture Infection

Since this has happened since you sent the picture to the nurse, your best bet is to contact your surgeon's office again with the problem and see them in person to make sure. Good luck!

Spitting suture

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is unlikely that you have infection based on photos and description alone.  Instead, it is likely that you have a spitting stitch.  To confirm this though, you will need to be evaluated in person by your operating surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Suture granuloma after breast lift

Suture granulomas can form following any surgery and especially after a breast lift surgery. This can easily be corrected by your surgeon.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Infection or not

After looking at this you are spitting a suture which is very common especially if the suture is close to the skin surface.Keep it clean.maybe a little anti bacterial ointment and you should do fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

?? Stitch abscess after revision mastopexy

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos you've provided, it certainly looks like you spit a stitch or have a small stitch abscess. Either way, you should certainly be seen by your plastic surgeon to determine if this is a superficial problem or one that goes deeper. Only your plastic surgeon can tell you for sure if this is something to worry about or not. Best wishes!

Suture abscess after a breast lift

Always concerned about a suture abscess.  You should be seen by your surgeon for a possible exploration of the area.  As long as an implant is not involved you should do fine with appropriate care.  

Suture granuloma

This to me looks like a suture granuloma, which is an area where one of the dissolving stitches failed to dissolve completely. Rather than the fluid dissipating, it kind of axillae Pimple. This can be red, inflamed, and cause some focal pain.
You should be seen by your surgeon especially if there is any evidence of spreading redness, increasing pain, fever, drainage, etc. I would be more concerned if there were an implant involved because an infected implant is always a big issue. However, most likely this is a suture granuloma, but get this verified by your surgeon a him or herself.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Possible a suture abscess. Best to be seen by a surgeon NOT a nurse!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>