I was wondering if I should consider getting a tummy tuck to improve very stretch marked, semi loose skin? (Photo)

I would like to be rid of some of my stretch marks. I know they will mostly still be there but Would the texture of the skin be improved? instead of being deep wrinkly divots, would they smooth out more? I have diastasis recti and a small umbilical hernia. Although I have 'fixed' the separation, with exercise I find after I eat I get very bloated. I am wondering if my abs 'separate' on a full stomach? this severe bloating, and skin texture/looseness is what I hope to fix.

Definitely a tummy tuck surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi, thank you for your question. Based from the photos, tummy tuck is the ideal procedure for you. Tummy tuck is recommended to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen. Liposuction might also be added to achieve a flatter abdomen. 

Thailand Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

Thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for a Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving you a firmer and smoother appearance.
We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. You can also treat your henia during this procedure.
Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Abdominal contour improvement

Based on your pictures I believe that you would be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty. This procedure will address the stretch marks to the lower abdomen while improving the overall skin tone. Repair of the abdominal muscles and hernia could be done at the same time.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck to remove stretch marks

Thank you for the question. Yes!! Tummy tuck is the ideal procedure to rid you of the stretch marks below the belly button and correct the diastasis. 
The tightening of the recti muscles should improve the fullness in the upper part of your abdomen, and the removal of the extra skin in the lower part of your belly will result in a tighter flatter stomach. 
Liposuction performed at the same time can also help contour your shape. 

The use of no drains after tummy tuck can ease and quicken your recovery. 

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with these procedures will help you reach your goals. 

All the best!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck - Loose skin

Simple and clear- you need a good tummy tuck (also known as an abdominoplasty) !  Most of your issues can be fixed in one surgery however the umbilical hernia occasionally is hard to completely repair.  If your umbilical hernia isn't resolved completely, small second surgery can be done to completely eliminate it.  Best Wishes!!

Tummy Tuck To Improve Stretch Marks

Dear Hannah, Thank you for posting your photos with your interesting question. It appears that you have loose skin with stretch marks and diastasis or separation of your rectus muscles. All of these are treated with a full tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks, provided that you are not planning future pregnancies. I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you, discuss your best surgical option and show you many of their before and after tummy tuck photographs. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Tummy

If you have muscle separation, stretch marks, loose skin and an umbilical hernia,  then a tummy tuck would address all of these issues. Bloating after eating is unrelated.

If you only want to address fat and have some skin tightening (the stretch marks will stay), you may consider Vaser ultrasound liposuction.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Stretch Marks

With a tummy tuck, redundant skin is excised and the stretch marks within the excised portion will be gotten rid of.  Shortly after surgery, all of your stretch marks will be gone because you will be swollen, but they will come back in the areas that were not excised.   A tummy tuck changes contour and not the texture of your skin.  Unfortunately, there is nothing that will get rid of stretch marks completely.   There are new lasers on the market that are yet to be proven that will reduce the appearance of stretch marks.  However, in your case there is enough abdominal redundancy to warrant a TT.  Good luck. 

Elliot Duboys, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

I was wondering if I should consider getting a tummy tuck to improve very stretch marked, semi loose skin?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you can expect a very nice outcome with tummy tuck surgery.  Generally speaking, the tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is an operation designed to improve contour of the abdominal wall and surrounding areas. Generally, the operation involves removal of "excess" skin and adipose tissue of the lower abdominal wall and re approximation of the abdominal wall muscles that may have spread with pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss. Adjacent areas such as flanks and/or pubic areas can also be addressed at the same time. 

The upside with tummy tuck surgery is improvement of the abdominal wall contour and removal of excess skin/adipose tissue. The downside of the operation is the presence of a scar along the lower abdominal wall and around the umbilicus. Patients need to weigh the benefit/risks of the procedure to determine whether it is the right course of action for them personally. The operation is associated with a significant recovery period.
Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.