I Was Wanting to Know What Kind of Results I Would Most Likely Get with the Mommy Makeover, A Full TT with a BR and Lipo? (photo

I am 5'7, 165 lbs and need a TT and BR so bad but still want to lose more weight before the mommy makeover, before I got pregnant I weighed 137 lbs, I don't want to have the TT and still look fat, I want my stomach to be flat as possible, so how much weight should I lose before the mommy makeover? Will the TT get rid of all my stretch marks? I'm a 40 D and want to be a full C or small D would this call for a reduction or just a lift?

Getting the best results from your mommy makeover

From your photos, it appears as though you can get amazing results from your mommy makeover.  I would recommend getting as close as you can to your ideal BMI before surgery so that the most amount of skin can be removed.  I routinely remove all of the stretch marks below the belly button and even sometimes above with a tummy tuck.  Going down in breast size will require a reduction, but not much.  Most of your breast work will be concentrated on the lift part.  Some breast tissue can be removed at the same time making your breast lifted, but smaller.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

You should expect a good result from a mommy makeover.

Most of the aesthetic issues in the picture are well addressed by mommy makeover operations. I think you will get an excellent result.

Want to Learn More about Mommy Makeover Surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will achieve the best results possible if you are able to achieve your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with surgery.  There is no magic number in regards to the specific weight you should achieve but you do want to try to avoid significant weight fluctuation after surgery.

Although the majority of stretch marks of the abdominal wall should be removed during the tummy tuck operation, stretch marks that exist above the umbilicus will exist afterwards.

In regards to the breast operation that will best achieve your goals, it will be important to undergo the full consultation process with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you are looking for. During this consultation process,  it will be important to communicate your goals carefully with your chosen plastic surgeon. Options such as breast lifting, reduction, as well as ( believe it or not) breast augmentation should be discussed. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this communication process.

Make sure, as you learn more about breast and abdominal wall surgery, you also achieve realistic expectations and learn about the potential risks/complications involved as well.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.

I Was Wanting to Know What Kind of Results I Would Most Likely Get with the Mommy Makeover, A Full TT with a BR and Lipo?

I think that tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides along with breast lift would produce the best result.  I think that additional weight loss would give the best result, but you would have a fantastic result at your current weight.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and mommy makeovers each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Yes I agree lose more weight before having the surgery. In fact another 20 pounds would be great. Good luck