I Want a Wide Hairline? It is Too Short

i have a short hairline just wanted to know how it can be widened?? A Friend Of Mine Told Me To Get Them Removed By The Laser Hair Removal Treatment I Have Another Question If I Get It Done by LHR will my forehead look rough from where the hair were removed i mean will it look like i have pluck or shaved those hair or will it look same as other area of my forehead?

Doctor Answers 3

Widen a forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Laser hair removal seems to work well to remove hairs permanently. However you will be removing hairs from the front of you temples which often is of finer caliber than the hairs behind it. Coarse hairs in this area can look unnatural. I would suggest trimming the hairs you don't want with a scissors and if the new temple hairline looks good, proceed to have a consultation with a specialist in laser hair removal. 

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Altering your hairline without surgery is best accomplished with laser hair removal/hair micrografts. Your hairs have different receptors that determine how long your follicles will last. This can be discussed with your procedure.Consult a specialist in your area for a consult and exam

I would be so very careful about this.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Removing that hair permanently may prove to be a huge mistake.  Rather than consulting your friends who are not expert in hair, I recommend seeing a few hair grafting specialist.  It is their job to think about hair.  See what they recommend before doing something that is irreversible.  

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.