Want Vertical Thigh Lift to Do Away with Severe Stretch Marks on Inner Thigh, Will Scar Be Worse Than my Existing Marks?

5 ft 3 and 125 lbs with an athletic build...want to feel comfortable wearing shorts with minimal lengthy scar down inner thigh....surgeon also wants to do medial thigh lift combined with vertical and lipo for contouring on outer thigh as well...help before i possibly make mistake through surgery just to remove 4 inches of damaged skin

Medial Thigh Lift Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

When patients have stretch marks and loose thigh skin, a variety of surgical options are available to treat these problems. Unfortunately, it's difficult to make a specific recommendation without pictures or a physical examination.

In many cases, the decision comes down to a trade-off between loose skin with stretch marks and additional scarring. Under these circumstances, it's important to carefully weigh your options and thoroughly discuss the situation with your surgeon. When these steps are taken, there's less confusion and satisfaction rates tend to be higher.

Medial Thigh Lift Scar Placement Considerations

Without photos or an exam I cannot answer your specific questions. However I can give you some general advice on this matter.

Different Plastic Surgeons with great experience and results often argue the answer to your question. The most important choice is finding the best surgeon (see below link).                        My choice as to whether a vertical scar is needed is on the basis of my exam and where the most excess skin is located. For example if a roll  of skin high up  on the inside of the thigh then a groin scar incision is  preferred, where as if there is circumferential excess from the knee to the groin then a vertical incision is best in my hands

Vertical Thigh Lift

The extended medial thigh lift is appropriate for patients in which skin laxity extends all the way or most of the way down the medial thigh.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Medial thigh lift & Lipo

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to answer this question without any photos.  A medial thigh lift with lateral thigh liposuction is a reasonable combination for inner thigh skin tightening and for contouring the outer thigh.  I would need to see the extent of your inner thigh stretch marks to comment on whether an extended thigh lift would be helpful and if the scar would be a reasonable trade-off.  Feel free to repost your question.  Best Wishes.