I want to get rid of upper eye puffiness. I am 29 years old Pakistani, what is recommended? (photo)

Doctor Answers 3

Needs to have farther evaluation

From the photo you have provided, there signs of eyelid retraction and proptosis. This could be sign of thyroid disorder. So you need to be carefully evaluated by an oculofacial palstic surgeon. 

McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Puffy upper lids

  • A conservative upper lid blepharoplasty should help you.
  • We do almost all of ours under local anesthesia but it depends on the patient and the surgeon.
  • Be sure the surgeon does not remove too much fat - Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty candidate

The primary goal of upper blepharoplasty is to remove the hooded skin on the upper lids. A small amount of fat is also removed when needed. The incision is made in the upper eyelid crease. The surgery  can be performed under local or general anesthesia, however most of our patients elect to undergo  the procedure under general anesthesia
 For many examples, please see the link below to our eyelid surgery photo gallery

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 143 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.