I had surgery two weeks ago. I had salines filled to 425 and moved to get saline implants filled to 625. I thought this would move me from a C to a D, but I fear that this is going to be much larger. If I wait the recommended 12 weeks for a replacement, will this cause my skin to relax too much and make me need a lift that I didnt need two weeks ago? The purpose of my surgery was to get an internal bra for symmastia which appears to be holding very well. I thought that fact would be helpful.
I Want to Reduce my Implants As Soon As Possible. Will I Need a Lift?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
You should wait a few months because you have to let things settle down. As swelling diminishes, the implants also may not look as big.
It is better to be patient rather than to panic
your surgery was 2 weeks ago and you went up 200cc. I don't think it is such a dramatic difference and if you actually compare the implant dimension differences you will find it's not that huge. At 2 weeks you're looking at a lot of swelling that will settle down.
Martin Jugenburg, MD
You might also like...
Further Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery Indicated?
Thank you for the question.
Every patient situation and goal is unique and should be evaluated carefully. Unfortunately, online consultation will not “do justice” to your situation. I think you need to sit down and have a detailed conversation with your plastic surgeon about your goals and concerns.
Your plastic surgeon, who knows you best and has the advantage of being able to examine you carefully ( including critical factors such as skin elasticity) will be able to advise you much more accurately than any online consultant. Whether or not you will need a breast lift if you downsize breast implants can only be accurately determined after this physical examination.
For example, you will find that the “knee-jerk” response to your question will be "wait several additional months"; although I generally agree with this approach, it may or may not be the best course of action for you as a unique individual.
Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon and communicate your goals/concerns carefully.