I Want a More Femine Look. What Can I Do to my Face? (photo)

I don't feel like my face is very feminine. I'm not sure what I need done. I'm considering rhinoplasty, a brow lift, or orthognathic surgery for my jaw/ chin or cheek bones. Would any of those help?

Softening The Female Face

As you have mentioned there are several procedures that can help soften your features. Options include brow bone reshaping, rhinoplasty, cheek implants and a sliding genioplasty to bring your chin forward and narrow it. (providing orthodontic and orthognathic surgery correction is not done) How to prioritize these procedures and choose the ones that would have the greatest impact would require computer imaging showing the various facial effects of the different procedures.

Facial feminization

You certainly do not look masculine, especially in the photo with your hair down. You have a vertical forehead without bossing, a round chin, a high nasolabial angle and jaw angles that are not prominent. All of those are feminine traits.

You have jaw and cheek bone asymmetry with left cheek bone and right jaw bone being more prominent than the opposite correlating part. Orthognathic surgery may be able to give you a more symmetric look.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

I Want a More Femine Look. What Can I Do to my Face?

From the photos provided, the eyebrows are low, the chin is weak and the cheeks are flat.  A Browlift, Cheek Implants and a Chin Implant would make the face more naturally, feminine and attractive.

Feminizing the Face

You have mentioned several things that can help. What you need to do is decide what you think de-feminizes you and then what you would like corrected most. You then need to talk to someone with experience in all these areas.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant For a More Feminine Look

Thank you for the photos they were helpful.  First and foremost, you do not have a masculine look.  After review, there are a few changes that you could make which would allow your face to have more feminine proportions, and a more feminized look.  First, a rhinoplasty would help to remove the small hump along the bridge of your nose.  It would also help to conservatively decrease the size of your nose giving you a better look.  A chin implant, a procedure which is very complementary to rhinoplasty, would help to increase the projection of your chin and improve your overall profile.  This can be done at the same time as rhinoplasty.  Lastly, a small increase in cheek volume with artificial fillers like Juvederm or Restylane would be very beneficial to increase the prominence of your cheeks giving you a more feminine look as well.  The key to any procedure you have is to gain better facial balance, which is what all the above suggestions would seek to achieve.  I suggest a consultation with a board certified surgeon specializing in facial cosmetic surgery.

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving down the hump on the bridge which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Narrowing of the nasal bones with osteotomies  will refine and narrow the bridge line.  Chin implants are placed through submental approach, are composed of Silastic, and give better facial balance  when a recessive chin is present. Please see the link below for examples of the combination rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice

Striving for a More Feminine Look

Improving facial proportions with a rhinoplasty and chin and cheek implants will soften your face, improve definition and feminize your look. You need to consult with an experienced surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetic surgery.