I Want a Mommy Makeover with a Butt Lift, Can It Be Done? And How Will I Be Able to Lay Down?

Hi! I'm 38 yes old, in perfect health have had 5 pregnancies Ive diet and exercise and lost a total of 35 pounds, which brings me at being 5'1 and 148 pounds. I've always been very curvy shape, my breast are at 36 D but they are sagging so I want to lift, I feel that I need lipo because I still have handles everywhere lol, as well as stretch marks and a "mommy pouch "that sags a bit.how can I do all and what position will I be able to sleep on? Not to damage the butt work and tolerate?

Mommy Makeover with a Butt Lift = Lower Body Lift with Breast Enhancement

Hi there-

It sounds like what you are interested in is improvement in your torso (front and back, so abdomen and buttocks), with simultaneous improvement in your breast shape and appearance.

All of this is possible, and I'm sure some would even try to do all of this on the same day for you... but I would not recommend it.

A lower body lift is a very large procedure, and requires a fair amount of time (5-8 hours for most surgeons). Adding another 2-3 hours to perform a breast lift or breast lift with implants would, IMO, make the procedure so long as to unnecessarily increase your risks of significant complications. 

In my practice, I would recommend that you proceed with the lower body lift first (tummy tuck with buttock lift), and after a suitable healing and recovery period whatever breast enhancement procedure you prefer. This also offers the opportunity to do any minor touch ups of the lower body lift that may be necessary.

Recovery can be difficult...

It’s definitely possible to perform a brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck simultaneously.  Unfortunately, the recovery following this combination can be extremely difficult and for this reason, plastic surgeons prefer staging these procedures.  The origin of the problem is simple, tummy tuck patients should be on their backs following surgery, while brazilian butt lift patients should lie on their abdomens following surgery.  This is obviously a difficult proposition when both procedures are performed together.  Under these circumstances we generally recommend that patients sleep on their sides following this type of procedure.

Combination brazilian butt lift/tummy tuck offers several advantages.  These include synergy, less expense, and one recovery.

If you’re considering mommy makeover surgery it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.  This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals. 

Including a Brazilian Butt Lift with a Mommy Makeover

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations.  

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover with Butt Lift in Melbourne, Florida

Depending on your overall health, this may be completely possible to perform both procedures in the same day. A Mommy Makeover typically refers to a combination of procedures designed to get Mom’s body back in shape after pregnancy, which may include any combination of breast or body contouring procedures. After five pregnancies and your weight fluctuation, you would probably greatly benefit from the procedures involved in a Mommy Makeover. Regarding positioning afterwards, patients have found it helpful to place pillows behind their back and under their knees and also sometimes to sleep in a recliner. Discuss this in detail with your board-certified plastic surgeon for your best possible recovery scenario. Hopefully this has been helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping Position after Mommy Makeover/BBL combination

Although a Mommy Makeover typically involves the Tummy and Breasts It also can be any other combination.
You can certainly do a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and in fact harvest fat from the tummy including the extra part that would be discarded and use if for the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL). 
Typically after a tummy tuck/BBL combination we have our patients sleep in a reclining chair for most of the first week.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

I Want a Mommy Makeover with a Butt Lift, Can It Be Done?

Having a butt lift and liposuction or a tummy tuck can be done. There are people that have a lower body lifts after massive weight loss which is essentially that. You will need to lie flat to sleep but also spend time sitting in a chair. The pressure on the back while sleeping should not cause any major problems but getting an air mattress sometimes makes it feel better.

Julio Garcia, MD

Mommy Makeover coming and going

Thank you for your questions. I will do my best to answer but know that I am limited without any photos for review. For safety and logistically, it would be better to have two surgical sessions. You can have a breast lift and tummy tuck during one session and later have flank liposuction with fat injection to the butt for a Brazilian butt lift.  You may need the back half of a lower body hip/butt lift.  I don't know.  To see what might be best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover and butt lift

Dear Sweethely,

If you were my patient I would tell you this is not safe.

You need to break down the procedures, and start with the one you wish the most, say the breast lift surgery ?

the more procedures, the longer the anesthesia time, the more potential dangerous problems may raise such as blood clots ( Deep vein thrombosis ) and infections. Without mentioning the post-op. pain and longer recovery time.

by having one procedure at a time, say at 6 months interval, you stay on the safe side, and recover faster to take care of your busy family and life.

your surgeries should be done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in a accredited facility.

Good luck with your research,

Florence Mussat MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Mommy Make over

Patient safety first.

Divide your surgery to two sessions.

Breast lift and tummy tuck first, then liposuction and fat transfer to the buttocks.

If you actually mean that the buttock needs a lift then a circumferential lower body lift in one session and second the breast. Liposuction can be done during both procedures.

Mommy Make-over including breast, tummy and buttock work

Congratulations on your recent weight loss! You have described several problem areas common after weight loss and/or multiple pregnacies/child birth. I feel that it would be prudent to break your surgical needs up into 2 surgical settings. At the first setting, the breast and tummy work can be performed, allowing you to recuperate in a way in which you can lie on your backside comfortably. After a brief recovery, (most likely several weeks), the second stage of your mommy make-over can then be performed and would involve buttock lifting and perhaps additional body contouring of the  hips and back or bra-line region. This would allow you to recuperate by lying on your tummy. The order of the procedures can be determined by your surgeon's preference and your priority areas. Trying to complete all of these procedures in one surgical setting is probably asking for trouble.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon