Want to Get an Implant in One Butt Cheek Which is Uneven Due to Surgery that Removed Cancer, Could this Look Natural?

i had cancer when i was 14 in my leg. the way the surgery was done left my butt cheeks VERY uneven. Best way to describe it is one side is a C and the other is an A. i have to wear a lift because the surgery left my legs uneven. Anyways my leg right after my butt cheek is also uneven. not as fat as my other leg. everywhere is uneven and i just wanna know if there is any hope at it looking normal. Thanks

Doctor Answers 4

Fat Transfer Ideal for Many Acquired Buttock Deformities

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

At a minimum, photos would be required for a more complete answer. That being said, for most with your history, fat transfer would be the way to go. It replaces similar type soft tissue that you are missing.

Buttock Asymmetry - fat transplantation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The problem is a defecit of soft tissue from extirpative

surgery; therefore the solution is clear- restore soft tissue.


Fat transplantation will afford you the best likelihood of a satisfactory

result as long as you choose a surgeon who is well experienced 

in fat transplantation.



Best Regards,


Dr Delvecchio

Buttock Reconstruction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a case where a picture is worth a thousand words, nonetheless I believe there is hope for you.  I have in the past had a patient with a very similar story as yours and after reconstruction she had a very respectable and satisfactory outcome.  Depending upon the exact anatomy of your buttock/leg, you may require surgery with an buttock (or other) implant, fat transfer, and/or tissue rearrangement.  What will most benefit you can only be determined by visiting a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in these procedures of the buttock area.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan A. Stanton, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 128 reviews

You might also like...


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your case is very unique and requires examination of the deformity and the cause of that deformity.

Then a plan for repair is discussed with you. Since there are many options depending on the cause of the deformity.

Seek inperson consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board Of Plastic Surgery).

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.