I Want Chubbier Face, What Type of Filler?

hi Im 23 i want a chubbier fuller face my face is very small thin and skinny i dont want surgery i want fuller face chubby cheeks more rounder face i wasnt sure what to go for had fillers in the past but they dont last I wasnt sure if i should have voluma or radiesse or sculptra

Doctor Answers 14

Voluma for Fuller face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear immy1:

Voluma works fantastically well for cheek augmentation and enhancement.  I would recommend thorough assessment with an expert injector to achieve desired treatment outcomes.  All the best.

Facial Filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi there.  I think you may be looking for information on malar (cheek) augmentation.  Filler options include Voluma (hyaluronic); Radiesse (calcium based) and Juvederm (hyaluronic).

Hope this is helpful.  Good luck.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

The HA fillers Voluma and Perlane can work well

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question – and we recommend that you have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the best treatment options for you. This will most likely be with the use of a filler, and various options exist for giving volume in the cheeks. The HA fillers Voluma and Perlane can work well here. Radiesse Plus (with lidocaine) was just FDA approved this week and works well here as well. And Sculptra, given over time, can give natural and long-lasting results as well. The skills of the provider are the most important thing here so find someone skilled in how to best volumize the cheeks.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Voluma for Fuller Cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It sounds like Voluma would produce the fullness you're looking for, and this hyaluronic acid filler produces results that last up to two years. Voluma has been formulated exclusively to restore volume to the cheeks; however, I have no visual and would have to examine you before making a medical recommendation.  

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Going for chubby cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are different options - all based on your existing facial contours, amount of fat you have, exactly what you want to achieve. 

Sculptra can be used globally about the face and is an excellent choice for altering contours all over. The instant fillers you noted, both have decent longevity. Voluma is a dissolvable gel and Radiesse is not, so that could impact your decisions. 

It's important to view the face as a whole - otherwise if you only add cheek volume but actually need volume in adjacent areas for blending, then your result could look somewhat unnatural. There are a lot of sub-skin structural compartments that shape the face and these all need to be considered.

You will need to see a physician to get a useful assessment and recommendation.

Voluma may be a good option for you

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It sounds as if you want more volume to your cheek bones. The new facial filler Voluma can help restore lost volume. Consult with your surgeon to find out if Volume is right for you, this filler will give your face a more youthful appearance. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Facial fillers to make the face look fuller

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
At you age the best option might be to add volume to the face by injecting fat.  It will give you long lasting result and create the most natural appearance.  Other fillers might appear well for a period of time, but given their temporary nature would require constant replacement.  And as you older it would require injecting more and more fillers to get the result that you are looking for.  Fat grafting, on the other hand, might require occasional "touch up", but does not need constant replacement.  Best of luck!

Voluma FDA Approved for Mid face lift and fullness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Voluma is a new poroudct from Allergan, and follows the Juvaderm Ultra and Ultra Plus product family line.  Voluma lasts 2 years and is FDA Approved for filling the midface.  

Fillers for Facial Volume

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. Sculptra is a good product for this effect. It lasts 25 months in most cases, and if properly prepared and placed, can be very low risk. See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for this procedure. I hope this helps.

Non surgical facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on your story (best to be seen in person and able to perform a physical exam) you have several options: 1) sculptra provides adequate volume with a long term duration of results, 2) your own fat is also readily available and be obtained and purified under local anesthesia.

in each of the options above, they both can be repeated until you get the contour you desire.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.