Would a hair transplant regrow my hair on the back of my head? (Photo)

I have a large burn scar from my childhood. I was considering hair transplant to regrow hair but wasn't sure if if would work. Is there anything I could do to regrow hair at all?

Would a hair transplant regrow my hair on the back of my head?

GreetingsThank you for your question and photo the best is to have scalp microigmentation which will work well for your scars. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant effective for transplanting into burn scars?

andre2211,Thanks for the question. Hair transplantation can be very effective into burn scars. I have restored hair to previous burned alopecia areas in patients who had suffered early childhood burns.It is necessary to have an in person evaluation to check on vascular perfusion of area, and establish a plan.
Sincerely,
Bernardino A. Arocha,MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplant or other treatment

The easiest thing to do is scalp microigmentation which will work very well in the scarred areas and is less expensive and fairly instantaneous.  See pictures below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant into scar

In areas where scalp skin has been damage and repaired, the natural hair follicles located in that area were permanently damaged and can no longer grow hair.  No medication or topical therapy will help in that area.

Hair transplant can be a good option for the area although less reliable than in places such as the temple or crown.  A consultation with a hair surgeon could help you review your options.

Jeffrey Rawnsley, MD

Would a hair transplant regrow my hair on the back of my head from a childhood scar?

Yes hair will usually grow in burn scars. Depending on the density of hair desired, it may take 2 transplants to achieve the desired result. It hasn't been mentioned here as of yet however there has been evidence recently that has shown that in certain situations (burns), the first transplant yield may be lower than if transplanting an unaffected area. But the good news is that we have seen that a second transplant almost always has a higher yield. We believe this may be from the initial transplant causing blood vessels and growth factors to increase into the scarred area.As far as a scalp micropigmentation, please do your research because there are a number of positive/negative outcomes when it comes to this procedure.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to consult with a doctor for treatment options. Both Scalp MicroPigmentation and Hair Transplant surgery are options

It is best to consult with a doctor for treatment options.  Both Scalp MicroPigmentation and Hair Transplant surgery are options

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant to Cover Scar

Hair transplantation for scalp scarring can be very effective if candidate is chosen carefully. See an experienced full time hair restoration surgeon for evaluation.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon