What surgical and non surgical procedures can I consider to improve the lower half of my face? (Photos)

I am not happy with the symmetry of my fave specially when i smile. I want a more attractive and feminine face? Cheeks? Lips? Nose What options should i consider and type of surgery? Thank you

Lower face

In my opinion fat grafting is an option. That or fillers to augment your middle 1/3 of your face. Specifically at the malar prominence. This will then give the lower 1/3rd a thinner more tapered look. The material (fat vs.filler) is essentially determined by how long you would like the effects to last and the consideration of complications. 

Talk to your surgeon about the many options and be as detailed as possible about what you are looking to obtain.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck.

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving one's face, lips, cheeks and nose - Asian genetic profile

You have many aesthetic questions and all can be addressed. What I suggest is that you bring in pictures of what you would like to look like regarding these questions and more important, what you do not like in pictures of other individuals regarding your concerns. During your consultation, you would better define what you mean by "more attractive and feminine." There are so many options for the concerns you have that I would be doing you a disservice by trying to provide you a comprehensive answer in this response. You can see how one Asian patient of mine had her nose changed based on her consultation.  During a consultation, you can view other examples of all of your aesthetic concerns. You may or may not like the difference she has. This is the value of a consultation. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

What surgical and non surgical procedures can I consider to improve the lower half of my face?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are a bit flat in the very front (one cheek more so than the other, which is accentuated when you smile), the chin is very weak, the lower lip is a bit small in comparison to the upper lip, the nasal tip is a bit wide and the posterior (back) portion of the jaw line is a bit weak.  These combine to create an  oval shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).  Finally, a Closed Tiplasty can be done to thin and refine the nasal tip without a full Rhinoplasty.   

Hope this helps.

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear oreyuh, A chin implant would help balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics nicely. In some of the photographs you appear to have some extra fullness in the lower cheek area which can be addressed with buccal fat pad removal however this would be diagnosed during consultation. See examples of chin augmentations in the link below and buccal fat pad removal in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D. 

Michael Elam, MD

Lift Options for the Lower Face

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives. Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

Facial Aging -- Treatment With Lasers Like Fraxel, Radiofrequency Like Viva/Intensif, Combined with Microneedling/PRP

you need a formal consultation, as fillers, liposuction, implants, kybella, botox and others can be performed in this area to get more shaping.

Balancing the lower half of the face.

The only thing you need is a chin implant. Leave your cheeks and lips alone they look beautiful as is. See surgeons who can show you pictures of Chin implants with natural results.