Is there a natural way to lift a sagging butt? Exercise isn't working.

So is there a way to lift a sagging butt without putting more fat into it? I have a fair amount of natural curve to my butt due to weekly squats, lunges, dead lifts. But none of this has pulled up the sagging skin (it was just way too stretched out for too many years as I was trying to control a neurological disorder which caused weight gain. Is there a different type of procedure that would tighten the sag but not increase size now that I've lost the extra weight? Thank you.

Surgical Buttock Lift

Thanks for your question.  When exercise is not working, that usually means that surgery is the only other option.  Plastic surgeons are specifically trained to give the best incisions through their extensive training which teaches them how and where to correctly place the incisions.  The scars are hidden in the best possible way.   It is important to seek out a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  The name of that board is the American Board of Plastic Surgery which is the only board recognized by the Federal Government that the Doctor was properly trained to perform the procedure.  Best of luck.

Butt lift might be the only solution

If there is redundant skin, no amount of exercise can give you the desired results.  Take note that while buttock lift surgeries use incisions, which ultimately leave scars, they are generally positioned within the natural folds of skin such as the gluteal crease or concealed beneath the bikini area.

Only a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon (ABPS member) who performs buttock enhancement on a regular basis can determine the most ideal techniques based on your underlying anatomies and cosmetic goals. 

For additional info, please feel free to visit the attached link.

Good luck and best wishes. 

Lifting a sagging butt

Unfortunately if exercise is not doing the trick then surgery is your only option. Once the skin is stretched out by excessive weight, it will never completely recoil and the only way to snug it up is with surgery.  In the case of the buttock, this typically involves a "lower buttock tuck" to snip away the loose "sagging" skin and recreate the natural fold between the buttock and the back of the thigh. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD