Has my left breast implant dropped down? (Photo)

10 days post op from reducing 400cc to 275cc under the muscle. My right side feels great. My left side has pain from mid chest up to collarbone and now looks like the implant has dropped out of its pocket. Does it just need to drop or is this more serious?

When assessing implant position

the most important aspect to me is whether your upper poles are level since that is what everyone sees and changing nipple position is much simpler than changing implant position.  Your breasts do look a little different but your upper poles appear level.  So in my opinion, you're doing great.  You should always ask your surgeon for his/her opinion since their reputation rides on what results you get.

Implant drop?

Thank you for your question and photos.  There is a difference between the two breasts that is evident.  The question is whether there was a difference before surgery and what your surgeon did during the operation.  Your surgeon will be able to best answer this question.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Left breast implant different from right

Judging from your photos, it looks like the inframammary fold on the left was tacked up higher than the right. Without seeing how your were pre op, it is difficult to say however. If your surgeon worked on your fold on the left, that would actually explain some of the pain that you are experiencing. Sometimes the only way to tack the fold back where it should be is (1) exaggerate it a little bit and (2) suture it to the periosteum of your ribs, which can cause pain. Check with your surgeon about what exactly was done. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Difference

I would suggest going back to your surgeon and being examined. You do have two different breasts and they do not heal at the same rate. It is not uncommon to have more discomfort on one side, especially your dominant hand side.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon