Would I be a good candidate for a mini TT? (Photos)

I am 26 three children (8, 4 year old twins) 1 c-section. Dont plan on having anymore kids. I was thinking a full full mommy makeover however the scar looks scary. Instead I was thinking either a mini TT or just try to workout and work on my abs as much as I can. However I read that a min pubis problem can be fixed only with a full TT. Im ok with my belly button, it was better looking before the twins but I didnt show off my belly much (before kids) so it doesn't bother me too much.

Mini vs. Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on your the history you provided and photos, a full tummy tuck is more likely to get you the results you want. A physical examination is necessary to be certain, but there appears to be too much skin laxity above the belly button on the front view, and too much laxity in the muscles above the belly button on the side view. A Mini Tummy Tuck only fixes the area below the belly button. 
The length of the low abdominal scar is determined by the amount and location of loose skin. The reason Mini Tummy Tuck scars are shorter is because Mini Tummy Tuck patients tend to have less redundant skin for excision, not because the mini procedure can do what real Tummy Tuck can do through a smaller incision.
Working out your abs is a good idea. If you provides you enough improvement, great. This can help increase muscle tone, and weight loss can help reduce abdominal fat both inside and in front of the abdominal wall. This will also improve the results of a Tummy Tuck if you elect to proceed. Unfortunately, problems like skin and muscle wall laxity are anatomic problems that do not usually improve with exercise alone.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

I recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen,this would give you the best result,consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I think that you are a better candidate fo a full Tummy tuck instead of only a mini. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi apple07,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Would I be a good candidate for a mini TT?

Not in my opinion.
Based on your photos - and even the likelihood based on your history alone (3 pregnancies, C-Section) you will most likely "need" a full TT in order to get the results you want.  A mini is a good procedure - but only for selected patients, and is effective far less often than many people wish.  It does not address the excess skin/tissue above the BB, so you have to be pretty comfortable with leaving that alone, and also not having the abdominal wall tightened (which can only be done effectively with a full TT).
A Mommy Makeover can mean different things to different people, so it's better to be specific on the procedures you'd want, and then to make sure that you're not having too much surgery done at one time.

You should of course see a board-certified plastic surgeon in person for a full and complete assessment.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Would I be a good candidate for a mini TT?

Although, a mini tummy tuck may be an option for you, if you are hoping to see improvement in your abdomen above the belly button, then a full tummy tuck would be the better option.  The length of the scar and recovery times are not significantly different between a mini and full tummy tuck.  Seek out a plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in body contouring procedures. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

When to consider a full vs mini tummy tuck

A mini tummy tuck has a shorter scar than a full TT but will not improve the skin tone in the upper abdomen. Either one could be combined with some mons lifting. You appear to be most likely in the full tummy tuck category for best results.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon