Candidate for non surgical nose job? (Photos)

I started doing research into rhinoplasty when I came across the non surgical nose job method. From what I understand so far that I have read something is injected into the nose correct? I am wondering if I would be a candidate for this same day in office procedure. I don't like the hump as seen from my side view. And I don't like how my nostrils and tip of my nose are so wide. I downloaded an app and played around with it for my "wish results" am I being unrealistic?

Non Surgical Nose Job

You are actually a really good candidate for the Non Surgical Nose Job. All you really need to make your nose straight is a little filler at the top and a little filler in the tip to elevate it and reduce the appearance of droop. This combination should camouflage the small bump that you have and give you a nice straight profile. The interesting thing about this procedure is that, even though I would be adding volume to these areas of your nose, the overall effect is to make your nose appear smaller. A nose with a bump on it or a droopy tip attracts attention and makes the nose look bigger. A straight nose blends in to the rest of the face and looks smaller. The procedure itself is quick and safe, as long as your doctor is very experienced in this specific non surgical technique. Choosing the right practitioner is key to assuring success and safety. I would ask how many he or she has done and I would make sure that you see a good number of before and after images. Hope that helps!

Fillers can help

Some fillers to the top of the nose near your eyebrows can help mask that depression.Some fillers underneath your nose can lift a little plus some Botox could help the depressor muscle of the nose at the tip.Otherwise, a surgical rhinoplasty will help you long term in refining your nasal shape.Best wishes, Dr. Denkler

Unrealistic results with non-surgical rhinoplasty

A non-surgical rhinoplasty involves injection of fillers in the nose to make it taller, wider, and  bigger on a temporary basis.  In addition, non-surgical rhinoplasty is not FDA approved, is temporary, and can have significant complications such as skin necrosis of the nose.    When patients have a significant dorsal hump, this is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be surgically shaved down in order to remove it.  The tip can also be lifted and narrowed as well as refining the bridge line.  For more information  and many examples of surgical rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below 

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Yes, fillers can disguise a bump and make the nose appear much more smooth but often a surgical approach is needed. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience. Best, Dr. Emer

Rhinoplasty vs. non-surgical rhinoplasty

Hi.  The nose has to fit your face, your age, your height, your ethnicity, etc. While you can reduce the appearance of the hump with fillers above and below it, you will get a larger more masculine nose.  I think a surgical rhinoplasty (if done properly) will result in a more feminine nose and face for you but I cannot tell you which approach to take until I can see and examine you or have better pictures.  Just know that the surgical vs. nonsurgical do not give the same result in most people unless you have a flat bridge and just want to build up the entire bridge.  (i.e. many Asian noses)

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon