Is this a normal result of Mastopexy and 550 implants? (Photo)

Hello, My questions and concerns are... This pic is 1 day post op Mastopexy and implants 550. My breasts seem really tight and the skin between them is pulling. Will they stretch out a bit over time and settle into a more natural look? The implants were put in 10 months ago....Mastopexy was just done Nov 7th.

Results from One Day Post-Op

Understanding the Healing Process

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASSYMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the  initial surgical fee.

Since this is only one day after your procedure you could be patient with your healing process, but if you have questions or concerns you should not hesitate going to a follow-up with your surgeon.

Mastopexy

Looks like you are off to a fine post op result. The swelling will subside and the results can then be better evaluated. 

Breast lift with implants

You look like you are doing well; please be patient as it is too early to make any judgement on your results. Please see long term results below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Normal Mastopexy Result

Looks like a normal result. Actually, it looks quite nice for this stage. Swelling/tightness is expected after the procedure. Critiquing of the results should be held off until the six month mark.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Result

thank you for the question and congratulations on your surgery and your result looks excellent at this point

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Is this a normal result of Mastopexy and 550 implants?

Good afternoon and thank you for your question.  It is very normal to have skin tightness and pulling and this will settle with time and healing.  I often talk about the toothbrush test after breast surgery.  When you brush your teeth right now, nothing moves, your breasts feel like 2 rocks!  In another few weeks when you brush your teeth, the rocks will start to jiggle, another few weeks, more jiggling and so on as everything softens and settles into position.  It is also common that the 2 breasts will settle at different rates.  Be sure to check in with your Plastic Surgeon to have your healing and progress tracked. I hope this helps and best of luck!

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon