Look like necrosis? 8 days post open breast lift. (photos)

I'm 8 days post op breast lift....I already had implants put in 10 months ago . The right nipped looks pink...left nipped looks purple....and I am a non smoker.....smoke free house. The left nipped looked this way right away after surgery. What does it look like to you? Is there a chance it will recover? I included 1 day post op and 8 days post op pics.

Mastopexy

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Wounds

I cannot see any obvious necrosis. You are best to see your PS and get him/her to take off the steristrips and have a proper look. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Look like necrosis? 8 days post open breast lift.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that I cannot see properly your incision, but from here it doesn't appear like necrosis, you need to let your incision breath, cover them with sterile gauze to let them heal properly. Follow always your surgeon's recommendations.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Nipple necrosis?

Hello, in some photos part of the areola appears to be covered by dressing so I am not sure if I am seeing the entire area of concern.  Sometimes after surgery part of a nipple can become bruised and this can look like a more concerning blood supply issue.  Your surgeon will be able to determine if you are healing properly.

Worried about nipples?

Thanks for posting this question. There's some minor changes at the edge of the nipple in question, but your overall healing is very good. With both nipples looking very pink I don't feel like you're going to have vast areas of necrosis. You might experience some minor wounds or delays in wound healing, but since you're not a smoker and seem healthy, I think you'll probably continue to look well. Congratulations on an overall good start. Be sure to address your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Nipple necrosis 8 days after breast lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

One nipple appears to be healing a little better and a little faster than the other but I do not see any necrosis except possible at the rim where the sutures were placed. The nipple itself looks pink and healthy. Please arrange to be seen by your surgeon to have this checked in person.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Lift and Healing

It is somewhat difficult to tell from the photos, but it does appear to be too big of an issue.  The edges may have some problem healing but in general the majority of the nipple and areola look good.

I would recommend close follow up with your plastic surgeon and follow the plan.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

? necrosis

From your pictures you do not appear to have necrosis or anything else of significance. However an exam will be the best way to answer. Please see your surgeon.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Necrosis

It often is very difficult to tell with the photos you provide. To me it seems more like separation at the nipple edges than necrosis. The nipple remain quite large after your lift.

Time will determine if the incision is separating or if there is tissue loss at the edge.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Healing

Thank you for the photos but an examination is really needed to determine whether what you are seeing is necrosis or just some ecchymosis.  That said it should heal nicely given it appears better then day one

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD