Lump at bottom of implant

I can feel a lump at bottom of implant when I discussed this with ps he said it was scared tissue. I'm worried as it's 2 year in October and feels bigger. Is tge gp best to go to or tge ps? If I'm told it's just scare tissue how can I be sure thanks

Doctor Answers 1

Lump at the bottom of augmented breast

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It's possibly an "implant knuckle" or fold in the implant, palpable through thin tissue coverage. An experienced plastic surgeon can usually discern that from a mass but if there is any suspicion, you would likely be referred for a sonogram, ultrasound or MRI to better understand what's going on. If that would give you some peace of mind and it's affordable for you, it might be worth requesting a radiology work up to get a better look at what's going on inside.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.