What surgeries may I need to get the best results after weight loss? (photos)

I have lost 45 lbs so far and plan to loose another 30 at least. My heaviest weight was 264 lbs. Currently holding steady around 220 unfortunately. Also 5'8". What kind of lipo would be best to get rid of the love handles and lower back? Would a belt tuck be my best option? Suggestions and cost?

Surgery following Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Striving toward your goal weight, or within 10-20 pounds of it, is always recommended to achieve the best result.  An abdominoplasty (including muscle repair/plication) with aggressive liposuction of the flanks and other prominent areas would yield an excellent result.  A belt (circumferential) procedure can be done but that is going to require direct examination by your plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for that.  

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if liposuction or a BBL is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

After weight loss

Congrats on your weight loss!  Keep it up and get within 10-15 pounds of your target weight. Then a consult with a plastic surgeon can determine weather a tummy tuck with liposuction of the hips or possibly a "belt lipectomy" would be the best option.  I think you will see a great improvement!

Dean Fardo, MD

Liposuction, massive weight loss, tummy tuck, belt lipectomy, fatty abdomen, loose skin, Choice of surgery

Thank you for the query. Good to see you being so committed about losing weight. You should probably continue with you weight loss programs to get somewhere near to your expected weight. Then possibly you could plan your surgeries. From you pictures it appears that you would do well with a full abdominoplasty, liposuction and possibly combined with a circumferential belt lipectomy. You may also need additional procedures. However you need a full clinical examination to plan our your surgeries.Best wishes,Dr Alexander+

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Post Weight Loss: VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Weight loss - best procedure?

Thank you for asking about your weight loss.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss! Don't be discouraged - keep up the good work.
  • Judging from your photo your best procedure is likely to be an extended tummy tuck or belt lipectomy.
  • Liposuction can be done with the procedure for shaping.
  • Have your consultation closer to the time to find out which approach is better for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Body Contouring Options

Your question is a good one and I think the key first step is to assess things after you have reached your goal weight.  I would not recommend major body contouring prior to this.  At that time your surgeon will be able to assess your goals and your anatomy carefully, and options may certainly include liposuction, abdominoplasty or a belt lipectomy.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

What procedure is best

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on you weight loss. Based on the picture either a circumferential TT or a Full TT will give optimal results. It also depending on your goals. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

I think that once you lose the additional weight that you desire, you will likely benefit from a tummy tuck. Liposuction will not improve the loose skin.

Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss

Thank you for your question and photos and congratulations on your weight loss. From your pictures, I think liposuction of the abdomen and the back of your waist would permanently remove the fat deposits and sculpt your figure. A tummy tuck will tighten your abdominal muscles to flatten your abdomen, define your waistline, remove excess skin, and reposition and reshape your belly button. A belt lipectomy would tighten the excess skin around your back. It is difficult to see that from your pictures. During the consult, your plastic surgeon will be able to answer those questions.