Does fat bulge mean I need lipo revision? (photos)

Hi, I had chin lipo 4 months ago and had a lot of swelling and fullness until a couple months after. At 3 months I really liked my results but now it looks like I have a fat pocket again. The slope-neck look isn't as bad but still not as defined as I was hoping for. Just wondering if it looks like I needed more lipo'd. Is it more difficult the second go round? Thanks for your answers.

For chin liposuction photos may not tell the tale

One must feel the neck and chin area to see what is causing the bulge.  It could be fat, muscle, edema, or scar tissue.    Check this with your plastic surgeon.    My Best,  Dr Commons

Fullness under the chin

Hi there. Thank you for the post. Fullness under the chins is usually due to a combination of deep fat and sometimes bulky salivary glands. The reason that liposuction does not work well in this area is that the fat accumulation is usually deep to the muscle, which you can't get at by liposuction. However, this fat can be removed through a small incision under the chin and usually results in a  much improved contour. Good luck! 

Does fat bulge mean I need lipo revision?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak which will not be helped by liposuction of fat below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.