With a Rhinoplasty and chin implant, would the difference in photos shown be at all possible? (Photo)

(I don't have an overbite, my teeth are, as my Dentist says within correct alignment.) Also, would a chin implant solve my lower lip being so far behind my upper lip? Simply, is the second image possible, and would a chin implant and rhinoplasty together be a reduced price than having them done individually? It would mean a lot for a reply, thanks!

With a Rhinoplasty and chin implant, would the difference in photos shown be at all possible?

Greetings.

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Yes, reasonable

You would need an exam by a rhinoplasty specialist.  We do these together often and have a combined price.  I cannot speak for other surgeons.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implants can provide good facial balance

While lip position shouldn't change dramatically with this procedure you should see a good balance in your face with these procedures.  I try to do chin implants through the inside of the mouth as that prevents any visible scarring on the outside.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you have been doing your research and had your dentist make an assessment of your occlusion.

If your teeth are aligning adequately and you have a weak chin point then you could consider chin augmentation. This can be done with an implant or an osseous genioplasty. The second options is where chin bone is cut and brought forward. Considering your young age and the long term issues that can occur with implants I would recommend an osseous genioplasty. You would also benefit from a rhinoplasty and there may be a reduction in cost by combining the procedures but it would be up to each individual surgeon. 

By treating you with an augmentation genioplasty and rhinoplasty your profile would be improved (nasal contours and chin point) but your lower lip would have minimal change. The lower lip position is dictated by the jaw position and the lower incisor teeth. If you wanted to improve your lip position you may be a candidate for orthognathic surgery which would move the teeth, lip and chin point forward but it would require a thorough assessment, extraction of lower teeth and a prolonged period of braces both before and after surgery. This would be a significant undertaking considering that you currently have good occlusion. You could also try soft tissue fillers to add bulk to the lower lip as another options. 

Best of luck

Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

It is posible to improve your nasal appearance as well as your chin. I still think you need cephalometric to  make sure that your jaw is appropriately in position.  Teeth alignment can be from orthodontics but not necessarily good relationship of the mandible and maxilla.  

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The combination of a rhinoplasty and chin implant  is very commonly performed in our practice.  The photographs demonstrate an overly  projecting nose, and under projecting chin. The rhinoplasty procedure  can address removal of the dorsal  hump, reducing the overall projection of the nose, and  refining the bridge line and the tip. A chin implant can be inserted through a small incision underneath the chin to give  augmentation to the chin to help with facial balance and proportions. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of consultation and examination.

Realistic Expectations from Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

Your expectations following rhinoplasty and chin implant are realistic, but I would suggest that you don't remove quite as much from your bridge so you maintain a stronger profile. Find an experienced rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural result.

Are these expectations realistic

After evaluating your photos I think you demonstrate realistic expectations achievable with rhinoplasty and chin enhancement. Your lower lip position will not change with these procedures. 

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Results

your with pic can be achieved in hands of an experience Plastic Surgeon. I;m sorry to tell you that the chin implant wont solve your lip problem. but this can probably be corrected with fillers ( i need to see a frontal view to answer that question) And yes having them together will reduce the price.

Regards,

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Rhinoplasty with Chin Implant

According to your photos, you appear to have realistic expectations.  In the hands of a highly experienced Plastic Surgeon, you should expect an excellent result.  Best to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD