Good candidate for capsulorraphy? (Photos)

I had my BA on June 20th 2016, and have been following aftercare strictly. I noticed yesterday that my implants disappear into my armpits when I lay down. There's no way I would've stretched the pockets myself in such a short space of time, especially as I take aftercare seriously. I have contacted my surgeon and he said this is normal, but honestly I'm not convinced. I basically look flat chested when I lay down. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Capsulloraphy?

While it does appear that the implants are lateralizing, it is impossible to say without examining you. I agree with the below answer - any revision should wait at least 6 months, or whatever time your PS feels comfortable with.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Capsulorraphy

It would be helpful to have a front view standing and lying down but based on what you have shown, I would guess yes. BUT....I would recommend waiting at least six months from surgery before considering this.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Good candidate for capsulorraphy?

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients.  This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant;  it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints. Surgical correction is an option.

Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline.    In my practice, I use  a 2 layered suture technique (capsulorraphy) to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary)  especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.  I hope this (and the attached link) helps. 

Recent Breast Augmentation: Capsulorraphy?

Thank you for your question and photos. I am sorry to hear that you are not entirely satisfied with the cosmetic outcome of your recent operation and you feel that the breast implants have moved laterally. Many factors may play a role; mainly the pre-operative position of your nipples, size and projection of the implants, quality of the skin/texture. If the implants appear moving significantly laterally (more than 1/2 cm in general) the pocket might have stretched and a lateral capsulorraphy might help. However without an accurate physical examination, it is not possible to advise you further.The best person to advice you would be your surgeon. I am sure after examining you he will be happy to help.Best of LuckAndrea MarandoPlastic and Cosmetic Surgeon Manchester - London

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Capsulloraphy

That is a hard question to answer without actually examining the breast. I do think it's fairly early though to think about doing a capsulorrhaphy. Are you vigorously trying to massage or displace  the implants as part of your post-operative regimen? If you are, I would consider not doing that and consider wearing a bra as much as you can and hope that some capsule will form and limit the displacement of the implants

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon