I have had RNY and have loose skin. Is a lower body lift and brachioplasty together too much?

My major area of concern are thighs,tummy, and arms. My breast are sagging so I am interested in a breast lift with implants but it isnt my top priority. Could i do a lower body lift and arm lift together? If not which procedures pair well together?

Lower body lift and brachioplasty - ok at one time?

Thank you for asking about your lower body lift and brachioplasty.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss - good for you.
  • The answer depends on your final weight - and your health.
  • If you are slim at your final weight, it might be possible to  combine the two procedures.
  • More commonly the lower body lift and breast lift are done together -
  • But once you reach your final weight (you may already be there), a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does bariatric surgery will set up a plan that works for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

LBL and Brachioplasty together

I would recommend you look for a surgeon who works with a team approach for patients who desire to combine procedures post bariatric surgery. A single surgeon can perform an LBL in under 6 hours, which we try to stay under time wise to limit the complications of longer procedures, but to suture and perform both procedures is time consuming. I will commonly perform the two you mentioned and a breast procedure if performed as a team approach in well under 6 hours safely. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that performs these regularly.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Body lifting

You are asking about common areas that patients want done. With the procedures you want I would recommend the augmentation/lift and tummy tuck with one procedure and the buttock lateral thigh lift and brachioplasty in the second procedure. I do this to separate the tummy tuck from the buttock lift since they tighten opposite sides of the body and I can get each much tighter safely if the opposite side is not being tighten at the same time. For instance with a tummy tuck your tummy is very snug and you tend to bend forward for at least a few days. This bending would then be putting extra tension on the buttock scars if they were done in the same procedure.  Just my way, not the only way but it sure works for my patients. Talk to a surgeon who does a lot of body lifting. Good luck.

A circumferential lower body lift is usually enough surgery to have in a single day  and to recover from in a reasonable fashion. A brachioplasty (armlift) is usually performed at the same time as the breast surgery. Many of these decisions would need to be made after a consultation. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Multiple procedures together

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring and frequently perform multiple procedures together. When you reach an appropriate weight I would suggest doing the lower body lift which in my hands includes : 1. A full tummy tuck. 2. A mons lift. 3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 4. A buttock lift. 5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. Breasts.At a second operation your arms and thighs can be done.If not interested in your thighs thenA lower body lift, arm lift and breast augmentation / lift can be done together. Very few surgeons will do all these procedures together.  Since this is what I do all the time I am comfortable doing that.Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon